my construction

At first I was wondering what you were burying in the back yard.Trying to hide something huh?
Very nice work ! What are you guys doing next saturday? I'm serious,North Carolina is conveniently located to everything{HA!}.
I'll buy the pizza and beer.
Ginzoo

I thought the old grass was going to catch up with you :) we've been doing the same around here - hey how will those white pavers age with time??
Cheers

Looks like fresh cut limestone from from the Hill Country...ages beautifully to a tea with lotsa cream sorta color (read lighter than tan, but darker than white) if I'm correct......nice landscaping...whoever owns that house will love the finished work.......gibs

Thanks for that gibs - currently into white as we've decided to go in the white hardwood direction. We are going to put down Tasmanian Ash hardwood floors in the studio etc...

around here it's mayhem - below me the carpenters are building 5/8" plaster frames and have put up the ceilings etc etc....

there is a team of guys building the swimming pool with all the rendered walls, fences, paving etc....

the electricians are digging cable trenches for the three phase power extensions, lighting the pool and wiring the studio....

meanwhile another set of builders dug and poured the footings for the bedroom extensions for the main house and good old Amirel changed his mind (rightly!!) and they totally redesigned the extension, dug new footings which meant cutting through the first set etc and are now finally laying the brick rows.

Love the building site ;)

Cheers
John :D

Yea, its hill country limestone. and if you see the wheel barrow in those pictures it killed it! Building is fun, expecially when you are doing it with competant people. It really sucks though when you have to run a second time over everything someone else does because you know its 2nd rate. Get it done right and it saves a lot of trouble.

nah not a direct cut, they have some cement. I can ask my bro who did the main research for the pavestones and what we thought would go down well. our intention for building was during the downpours you get in texas it floods QUICK. And for some reason my parents' house is built a little lower then the neighbours' houses. So we lowered the yard by 4 inchesthen raised all the terraced area by quite a similar amount. resulting in the water flowing from our neighbour's yards to stay in their yard. With our yard even lower it can collect probably about twice the amount of water now before it goes above the foundation, which is a lot more! then we also put in drainage, its quite an elaborate drainage system. Im sweating just thinking about this. hahaha.

well i must say , i started to wonder what you were burying too .... it is legal right?
well i got a house that needs building next weekend if u boys arent busy .... likewise with the pizza and beer...haahaa... looking good though guys ....

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Damn! That's some cool stuff you've got going on there. We should change the name of the site to "Home Recording, and Backyard Landscaping". I kept asking myself "where does the studio construction start?", haha, I guess it had nothing to do with studios. Ahh, a breath of fresh air... ahhh...

Later,
-Brian

Back