Michael Jones is up

Man oh, Man are you FAST!

That was quick John. Thanks for looking them over and posting them for me.
You are right, nothing beats a real piano! Some of the digital models come close, but its not quite there huh?

I really love this...

I'd like to thank everyone who is joining in on the stuido site. A year ago when I had my band's website done by my friend, and secured the domain name http://www.greysfiles.com, I never would have guessed that in a year I'd be hosting 7 studios besides my own. It's just really cool to see that we all have a place to post our pictures and show everyone out there what we're doing. We're a small group, those of us who know what it's like to build a studio from scratch and feel the pride. To know the pain and sacrifice that goes into completing such an enormous project.
I just really think it's one of the biggest things I've ever done in my life to effect the lives of others. In fact, I'd have to say it is THE biggest thing I've done to effect the lives of others. We have nearly 2,000 hits in just a few months, that's pretty big for a guy like me :)

So, hats off to everyone here at Homerecording.com, and everyone who visits the studio site.

Later,
-Brian

The thanks goes to you Brian

For giving us all a place to show what we've done and talk about how we did it.
Hats off to ya bud!

John:
I want a C7!
My piano tuner is selling a grey-market C7, completely refurburshed, for $19,500. I am seriously thinking about that!

D@MMMMNNNNN!. You guys see these pics of the studios
submitted to Grey and Sayers recently!!!????
Man, it makes no sense to send in my crappy-ass photos
against these monsters! :)
Any way excellent pics Michael,Dkorg,David and Every-1 else!
Those set-ups are awe-inspiring!
Good Work.
Again I say, JOHN SAYERS, for MODERATOR of the "Studio &
Bldg" FORUM!

Yeah, I agree, MisterQCue. My one room jobby just doesn't cut it... damn, I think I need to build an extension onto the house for a studio.. (Shit, I shouldn't have said that... my mind just started planning things out)

Actually, I might end up doing a new studio in the basement if things take off. There'd actually be room in there to build a control room and build in proper sound control rather then depending on just foam...

Yargh. I could do that, too.. not yet, though.

Oh, well. Got some new pictures being developed today so I'll get Brian or John to add those on when I get it developed. Maybe if I use funky editing programs I can make it look like I have some nice big space :)

Oh, and I'd also like to say thanks to John and Brian for this whole site. Great idea!

Hey Guys, Quityerbitchin'!!!!

Hey man, just Thank God (if you believe in a God) that you can have a home studio!
After all, it's not what you have-It's what you do with it!

Tim

Kelly, thanks for checking out my studio. I enjoy being in there and writing/playing music. It's a nice place to sit in and be creative or just hang out in.

You can hear some of my MP3's here:

http://www.ampcast.com/search/band.php?id=5490

or here:

http://michaeljones.iuma.com

The first address is still encrypted, I haven't gotten the refined version of the URL yet.

Misterqcue:
I checked out your studio pics before, it doesn't look so bad. Besides, the important thing is what comes out of it.
There's more to a studio than paint and polish, right?

Old Grover:
I too looked into building an addittion onto my house for a studio. I started planning real "pie-in-the-sky" stuff too. It was going to have around 350 square feet. But construction costs in my area run about $55 per square foot. And thats just for simple framing construction. I was also going to have to relocate a bunch of utilities (electric, gas, cable, phone, A/C) and that would have put the costs up around $60 per square foot. Then add in special construction techniques for sound proofing, isolated elecrtical systems and a host of other necessities and that cost skyrockets to colse to $70 per square foot. Well, that comes to $24,500!(just for the room) I thought I could spend less money, wiser. So I opted to put more money into instruments, equipment and the like.

Who knows, maybe one day I'll be doing an addittion for a studio, but this one is going to have to start paying for itself first.

Yeah, I'm not really whining. I'm glad to have what I do - it is a hell of an improvement over the nothing I had before. And, as I keep saying, it sounds good.

I'll probably end up doing the basement up, since the room that is the studio will probably end up with a kid in it sometime.

MISTERQCUE said:
D@MMMMNNNNN!. You guys see these pics of the studios
submitted to Grey and Sayers recently!!!????
Man, it makes no sense to send in my crappy-ass photos
against these monsters! :)

Misterque,
many a few years ago I recorded an album for a client in a studio that would best be decribed a "Shack".
If you sat on a chair it would break.If you drank from his coffe cups you would be sitting in the bathroom all day.When I asked him were the bathroom was he pointed to a tree outside of the shack
I tripped twice on cables laying on the floor and the engineer couldn't put 2 sentences together that were coherent but the sound that came from that shack................

So the conclusion of this is..... always book a studio with a decent bathroom.

John Sayers said:
and always make sure there are at least 2 doors between you and the bathroom. Phew!!

I built my isolation booth over a pipe for a future toilet. If I really wanted I could install a toilet in my isolation booth. Then we could get peoples' REAL emotions down on recordings :)

Pic's in shop. Hopefully they'll be ready by 2-morrow! Will
have scanned and e-mail!
Thx Brian and John!
Mr.Q

Back