Low profile ceiling acoustic treatment

Danv

Hi,

I've watched John h Brandt's videos (which are great btw) and he mentions about treating all walls and the ceiling.

The studio design I have will have a ceiling height of only 2.3m before treating (2.5m external height to avoid planning permission) Are there any low profile treatment options that I can use?

Bear in mind I'm 6 ft 4 :-)

Thanks?

Can you open the ceiling to place treatment above? At the very least a hung cloud would be fine in a seated position.

The first question should be what are you doing in this room? I assume mixing but you did not state that.

And yes, a great start by watching and reading John's info. He has helped me many times.

Can you open the ceiling to place treatment above? At the very least a hung cloud would be fine in a seated position.

The first question should be what are you doing in this room? I assume mixing but you did not state that.

And yes, a great start by watching and reading John's info. He has helped me many times.

Ah the purpose would help wouldn't it! I actually plan on creating a guitar teaching space and live room, but also want to do a little mixing in the room. I understand I can't have a perfect live and control room easily in the same space, but it should be fine for my purposes.

The roof I'm planning is using a flat roof with 5 x 2 timber and ply wood top and epdm membrane. The internal room will be isolated and has its own ceiling joists disconnected from the roof joists. They will be staggered between the roof joists. I'm planning on filling the void with rock wool or similar.

I'm open to suggestions on building traps/diffusers into the ceiling it possible.

Checkout the pictures of my studio on the web site, I was stuck with 2.5 mtr ceilings (or a major rebuilding project), the ceiling clouds I made have High Density polyester (no fibres) sound deadener in them. Works great.

Alan.

Back