let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Great Desk!

I have this exact same desk. Every time I think about replacing it I just can't bring myself to. And besides, I'm cheap! ;-)

Oh yeah, I forgot to post studio pics of the smokers studio...

As is today:

Attachments

• Smokey Studio.jpg
    Smokey Studio.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 89
Ahah! So you're a left handed smoker. :D

Ya think ya got enough monitors there, Jimmy? Maybe need just one or two more.
:D

Good God man! That's quite a collection of gear! And pretty tidy I must say....

Is the studio your sole source of income, do you have a day job or were you just freekin born into royalty?

BTW...do you cover the windows when you are laying down tracks?

Same space. Opposite end with mixing desk. There are now counter-forts on that wall (after foundation cave in shit) so it conveniently worked with the desk and monitors. Plus drum room is now at opposite end. Works really well.

The walls and ceiling are all filled with the pink fluffy as per recommendation by Mr. Brandt. Also the full height rockwool bass traps in corners behind the desk. All covered in cloth.

Still 15 x 27' control room. Same size for drum room. And now two 11x17 or so isolation rooms.

And the link to old pic you posted didn't go to my pix. Weird...

And same nasty pink (now dirty) gay ass guitar player chair! lol!

Same space.

You know...I still seem to recall you had a dynamite picture of your space...way better than the one I found, with the name of the studio...etc.
I mean, I can see it in my mind's eye...it's super-neat-n-sweet looking.

Am I imagining that or was/is there a picture like that (of course, it was before the wall thing).

Oh...where's the ashtray in the pic I found...I don't see one there. ;)

[EDIT]

Haha....I found it!

Just goes to show you how the internet can bare it all once it's posted!

Strickler Studio Photos | ReverbNation

The last one in the row....but TBH, I think you had an even better one, where the lighting was a bit brighter...still, that was s a pretty neat-n-clean looking studio there!
:p

Jimmy,

That nasty pink (now dirty) gay ass guitar player chair looks squeaky, but doubt you're doing much soft acoustic guitar tracking in there?

You know...I still seem to recall you had a dynamite picture of your space...way better than the one I found, with the name of the studio...etc.
I mean, I can see it in my mind's eye...it's super-neat-n-sweet looking.

Am I imagining that or was/is there a picture like that (of course, it was before the wall thing).

Oh...where's the ashtray in the pic I found...I don't see one there. ;)

[EDIT]

Haha....I found it!

Just goes to show you how the internet can bare it all once it's posted!

Strickler Studio Photos | ReverbNation

The last one in the row....but TBH, I think you had an even better one, where the lighting was a bit brighter...still, that was s a pretty neat-n-clean looking studio there!
:p

Yeah, I used to have a website. So busy now I just took it down. There were better more recent pix on that site. The reverbnation pix were like 6 years ago or so.

Yes...I remember. Your studio looked great in those pics.

Because I cleaned it up cuz guy was here shooting high def pix and interview for a American Idol intro thing we recorded here.

She wasn't however accepted. She had a really arrogant personality and wasn't all that good. lol

Probably didn't help that she covered a Miley Syrus song. The Climb. Ugh...

10F1E473-CD77-4B41-A09F-DBE904F6070F.jpeg8006ACB8-91CE-4F8F-A6C5-35EC0DAFA6E5.jpeg6C1CBB63-6883-43AD-B89D-108BB1910AF6.jpegB1978271-0768-4CBB-9199-56C21C7182B9.jpeg

My little spot at home...
Not present is about 35 other guitars and a myriad of Tascam Portastudios and such.
I still record inside the box, but have also setup a Cubase 9 setup with my Mac Pro and Mac-mini...
I’m just not too savvy on the computer side of things, but I am improving.

Last edited:
Haha! Actually it is the quietest chair in the room! This was recorded here and on that very chair.

Have 24 more songs from this recording. Got to play bass on half of them including this one. More videos coming. I am proud to be a part of the project.

Stinky ass smokey studio seems to be working. :) The chair definitely seems to be working as well. Good luck chair!

Back