let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
This is what I have so far. It's in need of sound treatment. I'm going to try to clear some stuff out of the corners and place some bass traps.

music-room-northern-perspective-sm.jpgmusic-room-southern-perspective-sm2.jpg

Hello! After lurking for a while I just registered and would like to introduce myself to the community!

This is my soon-to-be home studio as soon as I treat it correctly. The thing is that my bedroom has many corners and edges, so I do not really know how much foam I will need or where to place it to maximize the treatment..

How would you guys do it to deal with nodes?

ohBQ3Be.jpg
tmjjgdi.jpg
ZfAtr1R.jpg
sW2OJyz.jpg

Thank you!

Last edited:
for your sake I hope you don't wake up with sudden burning inspiration during the night and spring upright, only to concuss yourself on the ceiling :eek::)

New Room.jpg

Just picked up HS8's, after years of using headphones. Moved desk from window on right to center of that wall. Anything stand out as needing adjustment? Good to go? No treatment or anything yet, so, there's that.

Looks good. Now on to some treatment. Lots of reflective surfaces in that room. :)

It never ends, huh?
:D

Looks good. Now on to some treatment. Lots of reflective surfaces in that room. :)

It never ends, huh?
:D

I can already hear that I'll be fighting other noises. Great. You really don't have to put these things very loud though, that's pretty cool. Minimal volume and things are pretty clear.

I can already hear that I'll be fighting other noises. Great. You really don't have to put these things very loud though, that's pretty cool. Minimal volume and things are pretty clear.

Cool man! Now take the time to do a bit of acoustic treatment and you will find how good your investment was. :)

Cheers bro!

Cool man! Now take the time to do a bit of acoustic treatment and you will find how good your investment was. :)

Cheers bro!

I'm missing so many details in the mix. It's gonna take awhile to get used to this. For starters, the obvious fact that it seems so much farther away from me. A sense of distance to the music. Then, the low mids and bass aren't defined very well, they all kinda mesh together in a blobby sense. Could just be my room. But there's little things that I really can't hear, like maybe someone stepping on a hit-hat during a busy chorus....that just gets lost on these speakers and was so transparent on headphones.

I guess it's a sacrifice that's for the better. .. ?

I'm missing so many details in the mix. It's gonna take awhile to get used to this. For starters, the obvious fact that it seems so much farther away from me. A sense of distance to the music. Then, the low mids and bass aren't defined very well, they all kinda mesh together in a blobby sense. Could just be my room. But there's little things that I really can't hear, like maybe someone stepping on a hit-hat during a busy chorus....that just gets lost on these speakers and was so transparent on headphones.

I guess it's a sacrifice that's for the better. .. ?

I would not call it a sacrifice man. I would call it reality. It does take some time to get used to a new way of monitoring. Hell, just upgrading monitors takes some time to 'learn' them and realize what you are now hearing.

BUT, that means your monitors are now at the mercy of what the room is doing to what you hear. Pay attention and read the acoustic treatment threads. It isn't bullshit. I promise.

And just to be clear I am in no way trying to get you to waste money. The acoustic treatment shit works and you will know it when you add it appropriately. Just the next step man. And actually way cheaper than your new monitors to get there.

Props to you for moving forward! You won't regret it bro!

The acoustic treatment shit works and you will know it when you add it appropriately. Just the next step man. And actually way cheaper than your new monitors to get there.

Props to you for moving forward! You won't regret it bro!

Oh, I believe it. I can already hear the way the bass is reacting...I should move them farther from the walls, I think. Just, you know, one step at a time...this IS still our, uh, office/den room. ;) She wouldn't be too happy if I made it a full-fledged music room. We're in a condo, but it's still not a house. Once we get that, I get my own room to do whateva I so puhleez. mmmwwhahhaha.

ehem, so, ya. Prob no treatments anytime soon. It's gonna take time to get used to this. Thanks to HR and the kind fellas on here for steering me in the right direction over the years. Took awhile, but I got there. :) sorta

Oh, I believe it. I can already hear the way the bass is reacting...I should move them farther from the walls, I think. Just, you know, one step at a time...this IS still our, uh, office/den room. ;) She wouldn't be too happy if I made it a full-fledged music room. We're in a condo, but it's still not a house. Once we get that, I get my own room to do whateva I so puhleez. mmmwwhahhaha.

ehem, so, ya. Prob no treatments anytime soon. It's gonna take time to get used to this. Thanks to HR and the kind fellas on here for steering me in the right direction over the years. Took awhile, but I got there. :) sorta

Um, the bass traps behind my desk/monitors are not mounted. Even though I could. It not about mounting shit to the walls and fucking up the space. You can easily make them portable. The main thing is getting that in there when you need it. Cover them in pretty fabric that the wife likes! :)

Um, the bass traps behind my desk/monitors are not mounted. Even though I could. It not about mounting shit to the walls and fucking up the space. You can easily make them portable. The main thing is getting that in there when you need it. Cover them in pretty fabric that the wife likes! :)

duh, oh ya. It all just goes on the walls, huh. Not like it's in the way or anything. I guess if family/friends come by, she'd keep them outta there though. Instead of using it as a guest room/den, it'd be like..."stay out of THAT room! I don't know what goes on in there, but there's things on the walls and I don't know what's happening".

Back