let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Mix in the box with Sonar 8.5 Producer the Mackie lets me send up to 24 tracks into an Alesis HD24 then lightpiped into Sonor Via Presonus Firestudio Light Pie with firewire...also use the aux busses on the mackie 24x8 to send to Art Head amp 6 pro to give each musician "more me" if needed during tracking..but then i play most of my parts anyway lol except pedal steel guitarSTUDIO3.JPGSTUDIO4.JPGSTUDIO5.JPGAngel screen shot in Sonor.jpg

Love the Mackie 24x8...we have a 32x8 with 24 channel expansion. We use the expansion for keyboards. The 32 feeds and Orion32 and serves for summing. We still have our HD24 hooked up to bus outputs 9-24 (1-8 go to the Orion 32, with the other tracks fed from direct outs of channels 9-32). The Orion32 was a big step up for us in flexibility and quality of conversion (at 24bit 192khz for all 32 in and out). The Alesis is light piped into the Orion32 as well, though it sees little to no use at this point. We could really use more headphone channels like that ART headphone amp you've got! ART makes great gear, eh? We have a Pro Channel for our vocal booth. Anyway, great looking setup! We're running Pro Tools 11, how do you like the Sonar?

Thanks!!

Its a work in progress. looking for a good Audio Interface. Leaning towards the New Tascam US-16X8.

Nice! I can't comment on the Tascam. right now my interfaces are a Line 6 Pod and a Focusrite 2i2 haha. I really like the Focusrite though. I think if / when i upgrade i'll stick with that brand just get a bit bigger.

How you liking your tannoys?

Thanks!!

Its a work in progress. looking for a good Audio Interface. Leaning towards the New Tascam US-16X8.
Can't go wrong with a TASCAM interface. I have owned the US-800 and now I own the US-1800.

Actually I have an extra one. I'll send you it for free....when the Oilers make the playoffs. :D

Nice! I can't comment on the Tascam. right now my interfaces are a Line 6 Pod and a Focusrite 2i2 haha. I really like the Focusrite though. I think if / when i upgrade i'll stick with that brand just get a bit bigger.

How you liking your tannoys?

The Tannoys kick butt!!! Everyone who has been in my office/studio space really likes the low end they create.
I am a hard rock/metal guy and really wanna check out the studio monitors JBL has out. A little out of my price range at the moment. Kinda sucks here in Edmonton right now...Long and Mcquade has bought a lot of the independent music stores up so that really only leaves them and Axe Music. Shipping costs and the crappy dollar exchange keep my from buying cheaper gear in the US.

The Tannoys kick butt!!! Everyone who has been in my office/studio space really likes the low end they create.
I am a hard rock/metal guy and really wanna check out the studio monitors JBL has out. A little out of my price range at the moment. Kinda sucks here in Edmonton right now...Long and Mcquade has bought a lot of the independent music stores up so that really only leaves them and Axe Music. Shipping costs and the crappy dollar exchange keep my from buying cheaper gear in the US.

Yes. it is Unfortunate they bought out Mothers Music. I got my KRK's from them not a whole lot before they got bought by L and M. I wanted the Tannoys but they were also a little more than i had set aside for monitors. they aren't all entirely bad though. Long and McQuade have their glowing qualities. The one up here has an incredible staff right now and i like that you can rent stuff to try out or just use and take it back.

Yes. it is Unfortunate they bought out Mothers Music. I got my KRK's from them not a whole lot before they got bought by L and M. I wanted the Tannoys but they were also a little more than i had set aside for monitors. they aren't all entirely bad though. Long and McQuade have their glowing qualities. The one up here has an incredible staff right now and i like that you can rent stuff to try out or just use and take it back.

And Gordon Price Music...I've just been having supply issues with L & M. My EQ came with channel 2 not working correctly (Still waiting for a replacement 5 weeks later), my Art SCL2 came all scratched up, Seriously the box it came looked like it had gone threw the dryer. Luckily that has been replaced.
So sometimes I wished I had a bit more choice in the places to Shop. I got my Line 6 guitar amp at Mothers. Loved that place.

That looks almost exactly like what I started with man. :D

Add some traps, and some toys, and some o this, and some o that... Then buy some other stuff... 10 years later you have everything you want! Well, except that one thing, the other thing. and oh yeah-all those things!

LOL

Cool to see man. :)

Thanks for sharing!

Back