let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
IMG_5657.jpg

This is the last of a series that I'm about to post in a new thread that shows how I made that cloud. The ceilings aren't really that short (7'2") -- I just have really long shins. The monitors you see are B&W DM6 speakers rescued from curbside pickup from the my neighbor across the street! DCM time windows next to them, as the B&W's are somewhat ear fatiguing.

I still have 6 2"x2'x4' panels of the certainteed to cover and hang. Then it'll be time to buy some more!

For fun, how many Yodas appear in this picture?

Finally got a chance to take some more pic's. Been working on the room some. Just built the purple 703 panels. Still have one that I haven't found a home for yet.

studio.jpg

studio (2).jpg

studio (3).jpg

studio (4).jpg

studio (5).jpg

studio (6).jpg

studio (7).jpg

studio (8).jpg

The first shot is for my web site it's the only one I had handy that had all the monitors in it. I'm not trying to dazzle you with my coolness:D
If that was the case I'd have sunglasses on for sure;)
F.S.

The first shot is for my web site it's the only one I had handy that had all the monitors in it. I'm not trying to dazzle you with my coolness:D
If that was the case I'd have sunglasses on for sure;)
F.S.

Pretty Kool!

Are your panels with the Auralex on them curved or is it my eyes??

Pretty Kool!

Are your panels with the Auralex on them curved or is it my eyes??

Ya there curved:D They actually work great. I used liquid nails for foam and glued the foam to pegboard. Then I just used a chain and two small "s" hooks and sort of strung the pannels like a bow. Bent them with my knee and hooked the chain into the pegboard holes from the back.

Damn pannels wiegh about 20 pounds a peice. Some how I lucked out though and those things kill massive reflection and a good deal of bass.. Something with the holes and the spacing from the walls... Who knows:rolleyes: That's also 3 inch foam as well.

F.S.

You ever get weird sympathetic sounds coming from the guitar(s) hanging in the room?

I know I've got to get the guitars out because the snare crack seems to excite the guitars and the after ring is nasty. Acoustics are a hell no, the electrics not nearly as much but semi-hollow...forget it.

Just currious.

You ever get weird sympathetic sounds coming from the guitar(s) hanging in the room?

I know I've got to get the guitars out because the snare crack seems to excite the guitars and the after ring is nasty. Acoustics are a hell no, the electrics not nearly as much but semi-hollow...forget it.

Just currious.

Ya, I can't track vocals in a room with a guitar. I've not had a problem with the drums but, I just moved the guitar that close to the drums after haning the new panels. might have to put something under the stings now while tracking in that room. Tracking vocals next to that drum set is as bad as it gets though. I am planing on making some ear muff things that will mute the top and bottom heads on all the toms and snare. I'm thinking a couple of fuzz balls on some surgical tubing will do the trick. Then I could just stretch a band around the drum with a fuzz ball on each head.

F.S.

Two for sure, three if that's one on top of the sound panel on the left above the skull.

F.S.

Those are little buddha guys. There are many more Yodae, but not in the photo.

Great looking studio, FS. Looks like very effective use of the Auralex. I've been steering clear of the 'lex as I'm trying to keep the walls as light as possible in my studio. Good job on the pictures, too.

studio%20(7).jpg

Where did you you get the light fixture and how much was it, if you remember.

I got it at Home depot. It's actually just a track lighting kit. It came with three straight aluminum strips that you can bend. I ruined one;) and then I used the spare tire on my trailer as a arch and I was able to make the other two strips into what you see there.

It wasn't cheap I think it was around 169.00 If I remember right. It came with white and blue glass shades. There are a few similar kits out there also.

Here's one that's close to the same thing.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs...d=10053&productId=100350607&categoryID=501401

The key & the trick is really in the bending. If you decide you want to try it let me know and I will go into more detail on how I got the bend to look decent. Bending channel aluminum is a bit tricky as It likes to kink and or give all at once.

F.S.

Back