let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Looks pretty cool jumpingfish.

I can't WAIT to get pictures up of my studio!!!! :D I'm almost done with the major construction after 6 years of working. Needless to say it's going to take a little bit to get all the pictures organized. I'll probably put them up on my website along with some video segments of cool and/or funny things that have happened since we started. I think my studio construction process may be one of the best documented consturction projects ever. :)

The Ridge - Audioshed

Here's where we're at so far. Lots of work to do.....
092897.jpg

092898.jpg

Yes Gorty it is a 1402VLZ. I used it mostly for live gigs but since we bought another mixer for live perfomances I keep it on hand here.I am still very short of what I feel I need to get the job done the way I envision it equipment wise. This is primarily a midi studio with software synthesizers. I play the soft synths live, track in midi and then output to lots of soft synths and Kontakt 2 and I am seriously playing with Abelton live 5 lite. I really like it. I have a few nice mikes,an AKG C3000B,SM57 and a nice EV stage mike in case I track vocal.
Hey dude you there above,thats a nice setup you have there. If you can't make good music with that then you just can't make it at all. :D I will check your tunes out.
I didn't have the room or the time to build the desk so I had a carpenter friend er craftsman build it for me,he ended up going way over his bid on it but
it was still much less than a desk made from MDF board that would not have been built as well. I didn't have the shelves in for the pics but there are lots of shelves. All rack gear will have its own shelf with nothing screwed in.

ridgeback said:
Us dial-up folks have it pretty hard.

Dial-up??? :D Oh man, I'm sorry, really. I remember when I had dial-up... actually had that longer than I've had high speed. I don't even think about bandwidth anymore.

Anyway, cool pictures! Looks like you're having fun with that project.

AudioShed

Yep, dial-up's a bitch. I can hear myself growing old when I'm uploading...
Here's one more showing the control room. Still cabinet work to do but you get the idea.
DSCN1394.jpg

ridgeback said:
Yep, dial-up's a bitch. I can hear myself growing old when I'm uploading...
Here's one more showing the control room. Still cabinet work to do but you get the idea.
DSCN1394.jpg
What size is that room? It looks roughly about the size mine will be, your desk also looks remarkably like my design. This is great because I've been trying to amagine what it'll look like, and it's been difficult. You also have it called audioshed, so I'm guessing it's a shed? Me too. Wow, lol.

AudioShed

Panda, we have a 24x40 steel shed and built the studio inside it completely independant of the outer shell. The control room is 7x14, tracking is 16x16. The walls are not offset so treatment will be critical. The entire studio floats on certifoam 2".

Nice new control room, shiny new floor, new desk... and a beat up old dirty chair? :D

Wait a minute... is that one pane of glass I see in the control room window? Have you learned nothing?

ridgeback said:
Panda, we have a 24x40 steel shed and built the studio inside it completely independant of the outer shell. The control room is 7x14, tracking is 16x16. The walls are not offset so treatment will be critical. The entire studio floats on certifoam 2".
Cool, I have a 14x8 wooden shed and i built outwards, so have an outer layer totally independant from the inner. I will be splitting the inner shed in 2 and adding plasterboard so each room will be around 6'x7'6". I built this shed onto an anderson bomb shelter from one of the world wars which has 3 bricks thick walls. This will house my drum and vocal booths and the shed a trcking room and control room.

Sonic and Panda

Sonic, don't rush me! I get flustered! No there's no glass there. There are two frames waiting. That's actually two walls mechanically decoupled. Outer frame is about 3 degrees of lean and the inner has about 5. And I happen to like that old chair but it's not going to be the drivers seat.

Panda, bombshelters make great foundations. Great idea! I love it! Can't wait to see some pics.

Ridge, settle down :) I was just kidding with you. And trust me, I know what it's like to love an old chair. I maintain that I've never sat in a more comfortable chair than the one I'm sitting in right now, and it's 10 years old.

I for one like the chair. It's retro and classy...could use a little cleaning up and if you could find the original pedistal and casters it would be A+ in my book.

Ridgeback is a dog. Rhodesian Ridgeback, to be exact.

That's a fine and exotic dog,... if ur into dogs(?).

My brother had a Ridgeback, which he bred with a Pitbull Terrier. Y'ever see a Pitbull Terrier pup with a ridgeback? It's trippy! :eek:

Back