let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
DeadPoet -----I think LAZI wins the award of 'most stuff on as little space as possible 2003'. Congratulations
besides;, it's not the size, it's what you do with it

Word...

Giganova ---- Lazi -- I luv your comfty spot! Looking at all the drum boxes I guess you're into electrononic music (DnB/jungle), right?

Preciate the comments ya'll.

It's all for HIP HOP, RnB and some crazy stuff that pops in my head... Kinda dabble with electronica but not really... Having all those gadgets really lets a cat get creative. Might MPC up something one day (hour) and RM1X up something the next. Different sequencers and sound sources give off different products. Shits lovely... All cram'd in there and routed for easy access. I got a dude trying to run my setup and it's confusing the hell out of him... 1-4 on the 1604 goes to 5-8 on the 1680 through 10-14 on the patchbay :D :D :D type stuff... And the midi :eek.

Lazi -- HipHop, ehr? Cool! I guess you're having a vocal booth, too?

I'm more into electronica -- DnB, jungle and downtempo beats. Just like Stray, I am sure you guys are laughing at my modest setup and the "sound insolation" ;-) However, everyone gotta start at some point and so far the setup it's doing it's job. Wish I had a house, though, so I could BUILD a studio -- and more time to create & produce music!

Giganova said:
Lazi -- HipHop, ehr? Cool! I guess you're having a vocal booth, too?

I'm more into electronica -- DnB, jungle and downtempo beats. Just like Stray, I am sure you guys are laughing at my modest setup and the "sound insolation" ;-) However, everyone gotta start at some point and so far the setup it's doing it's job. Wish I had a house, though, so I could BUILD a studio -- and more time to create & produce music!

Hey Giga,

Just checked out your set up, I must have overlooked it the first time around. Really nice layout. Do you add sax tracks to your compositions? I would be really interested in hearing that.

It looks like you're using the the VM3100 Pro with Logic. Is that RPC or did you upgrade? How do you like it? I have a pair and love them.

Just found out you can use VSTs with it and have been downloading a bunch of really cool FX and processors I didn't think were compatible at first.

Merry X-Mas

Stray

HEY, Giga looks good. I'm right down the road from you in Williamsport. Cool Eh! I don't have any pictures of my place yet. I don't wanna show until it's done

Here's my temporary studio until my house is done being built in
Febuary...

Attachments

• studio pic 2.jpg
    studio pic 2.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 12,609
Rick, no that's a Fostex B16d but I recently sold that one and picked up a mint Fostex E16 from a local musician.:D

hey Stray --

thanks for the note. The studio us growing rapidly these days and changes almost on a weekly basis (as my humble budget permits). You're right: I'm into electronic music and add tenor traxx to my songs. I think the "human touch" of a sax blends in perfectly with electronic music. I just bought a Neumann mic to record my tenor sax and the sound quality is awesome!

Next thing I needed is a mastering software to produce decent-quality CDs I can send to labels. I just won (!) the Emagic WaveBurner software at SonicState.com but can't use the MAC version coz I have a pc :-(

I recently upgraded from Logic RPC (Audio 4.7) to Logic 5.5 coz the version that came with the Roland VM-31000 Pro is very limited (e.g. only 24 audio tracks, very limited automation features, etc). With Logic 5 I have much more tracks available and can automize almost everything (volume, pan, effects, etc), which saves a lot of time and tracks. The VST effects and instruments that came with Logic 5 are awesome, too (e.g. the "vintage pianos", etc). I thought I'd never use soft synths, but some of them sound really cool. I almost bought a Fender Rhodes e-piano a couple of weeks ago, which would have cost me a few thousand buxx -- only to notice later that it is part of Logic 5! Sounds awesome, but the latency when I try to play live on a MIDI keyboard to already existing songs kills me!

Did you say you have a _pair_ of VM31? I am thinking about getting a second unit as well, so I can simultaneously feed 16 channels into Logic (with two sound cards). Seems to be a very cost-effective solution given that it costs less than 700 buxx.

HangDawg -- cool that you are so close! Let me know when you're all set so I can visit you! I just drove though Williamsport last night :-)

If theres one thing cool about this place, its finding people with the same interests who live close by. I ran into Recording Engineer here. He's the mic forum moderator.
He even invited me over to his studio which was only 5 miles away. :cool:
fitz

Hey Bruce - those pics are great as usual - but I think you've outgrown that POD Pro. Go ahead and send it to me and I will dispose of it properly for you.

Thanks man!

um, I mean -

No need to thank me!

Brad

Back