let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
OK, let's see if I can do this without falling over my own feet. I just cleaned up my studio a week or so ago, and it suddenly occurred to me that this would be a good time to take some pictures, because "clean" is not its natural state (or mine) :cool:

I've seen so many great-looking studios on this thread, so my humble little closet may not impress, but it's actually a pretty comfortable working space -- at least everything is within reach! I've got three keyboards (Roland SH-5, Roland JX3P and Yamaha DGX) running into a Soundcraft M4 board, which then runs into the 2488. I'm still acquiring outboard FX and EQ equipment, and trying to work out the best way to configure my patch bays. The two TEAC 3340s are from my ancient studio, and I keep them and the dbx stuff on line because I have a few hundred tapes which I'm gradually going to transfer to digital media. Once that's done, I may just keep 'em anyway. Anyway, here's a few pix. . .

studio1.jpgstudio2.jpgstudio3.jpg

Thanks. It sort of sets a mood. I have the lighting worked out so it's not glaring (like from the camera flash), but more of a blue glow with enough white light to be able to read the legends on the equipment. . .

Dude, what cans are those?
I threw out a pair just like them a few weeks back. They were worse for wear but damn, they weighed a tonne!

If I am not mistaken, those are a set of Koss headphones, were pretty good back in the day. (Correct me if I am wrong) The place where there is a whole was to be able to mount a mic for talk back.

I don't know what I did with those?

Dude, what cans are those?
I threw out a pair just like them a few weeks back. They were worse for wear but damn, they weighed a tonne!

I know what you mean. They're Koss Pro4AA's, and the're probably the closest I've ever come to wearing a visegrip on my head :cursing:, but they're very good for isolating the monitor feed when I do vocals (I have to do them in that same little room). I get no bleed through at all to the mic, even at pretty high volumes. I have a lighter pair of AKGs, but really, I do need to invest in some decent headphones. It's on the list (sigh). . .

Clearly you are just a hobbyist. :-) Seriously, nice digs. I not only love the board but the entire studio is gorgeous. It must be a great place to foster creativity.

Hey All,

Noe of your links seems to be working. Says PAge not found.

Do you have a updated link?

Thanks,

Alan O.

Back