let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Those are some crazy looking monitors. What are they?
Those are Tyler Acoustics "Decade" series D1's (the smallies are the D4M's for the record).

Personal thoughts here: Tyler Acoustics Decade Series D1 Loudspeakers | Gear Review

No subs -- Anything and everything I can to avoid it whenever possible (except in cars or home theaters or what not when I'm not looking for sheer accuracy and consistency). These slam down to around 25Hz and roll off pretty gently after that. Thought about it a few times, but there are only a few units out there that have the features I'd need (when I have them, I run subs in parallel so I'd need nothing less than something like a pair of Velodyne DD15's and at that point, I'd probably have to double my already ridiculous amount of trapping, have the room retuned, etc., etc. -- In other words, it'd probably cost me another $15k to get another 5Hz lower than I'm getting now).

According to the Forum, looks like I've not posted anything in here since 2007?
I designed and built the Desk, Stands, Rack and Mounting Units holding up the left and right wall Acoustic Panels.

bobgStudioWorksEastWall (800x600).jpg bobgStudioWorksNorthWall (800x600).jpg bobgStudioWorksNWwalls (800x600).jpg GuitarVocalSet-Up1 (864x1024).jpg $25MixerStandAnd$35KeyboardStand1 (800x703).jpg

My SpaceShip. I feel like a captain when i'm sitting at the console. i'v been trying to get my gf to call me Cpt. Clayfield but no go. lol...

IMG_0731.JPG

it's a work in progress, just like me learning how to mix. i figure every time i learn something about mixing i'll upgrade my space ship too.

DSCN5784_zpsa9ae26c1.jpg

DSCN5787_zps2c418ff2.jpg

DSCN5791_zps8a338a98.jpg

DSCN5794_zpscaac45e8.jpg

DSCN5777_zps753a34a2.jpg

Hey Liv Rong!!
Long Time No See!!
How are things in Upstate Illinois?

Illinois Jokes:
Q-How many people are REALLY on the Payroll?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings:

Q-How many dead people are on the Payroll?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings:

Q-How much of our Illinois Tax Money goes to non-related or inappropriate spending?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Q-How much Illinois Tax money does it take to pave 1-mile of road?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Q-What would a Republican led Illinois Congress do different?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Hey Liv Rong!!
Long Time No See!!
How are things in Upstate Illinois?

Illinois Jokes:
Q-How many people are REALLY on the Payroll?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings:

Q-How many dead people are on the Payroll?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings:

Q-How much of our Illinois Tax Money goes to non-related or inappropriate spending?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Q-How much Illinois Tax money does it take to pave 1-mile of road?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

Q-What would a Republican led Illinois Congress do different?
A-We'll never ever know! :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings: :laughings:

:laughings:

Hey, man. Things are good up here. Landed a job working for the man actually, lol!

Nice looking stuff you got there!

:laughings:
Hey, man. Things are good up here.
Landed a job working for the man actually, lol!
Nice looking stuff you got there!

Glad you were finally able to get some gainful employment.
You certainly deserve it!

Thanks for your kind words about my home studio.
I hope yours is progressing as well.
If I can add a new piece each year, my grandchildren (yet to be born) might be able to have a great garage-sale! :rolleyes:

Here is link to my website these days: Home Page
Take care and good luck with your work!
BG

Hey Liv_rong, I'm in the NW burbs also, in Palatine. Nice to see a neighbor here.

Cool. Im in Des Plaines

I'll post some better pics of the whole setup later, but for now this is my desk. I built it out of solid cherry and it's worked out really well thus far.

View attachment 80511

Looks awesome. Id like to do a custom desk but Im going to wait a while. I am going to be squeezing some drums in there soon.

Cool. When I had a 32.8 down here it was a hodge podge of keyboard stands and Ikea shelves that swayed with the music (literally). When I went digital it was a good opportunity to make the change.

I'll post some better pics of the whole setup later, but for now this is my desk. I built it out of solid cherry and it's worked out really well thus far.

View attachment 80511

Just updating my studio pic here, it's kinda grown as a hobby over a year or so......but it's a great way to while away the hours.
I have spare room through the door, vocal booth and whatever else I find the need for coming next.

View attachment 78656

Here's a couple of updated pics of my studio since I added the Otari MX-80 last year and finally put it in it's proper spot.
I had to reconfigure the entire corner from how it use to be. Also add a couple of new guitars.

Need to do some more proper photos so I can update my website which still shows the old layout before the MX-80.

View attachment 78789

View attachment 78790

View attachment 78791

Still putting the control room together, but I think I have a good start. the diffuser is making a huge difference.View attachment 78736

I wouldn't call what I have a studio, more of a room with some cheap tat in that I use to make music :D

View attachment 78641View attachment 78642

what is that dark gray mic called?

Slight rearranging for July.

Here're a few snaps of my recording space. I rearranged things as I scored an excellent late 90's Yamaha direct signal stereo amp and figured it should be set up in as good a position as possible to take advantage of its excellent sound and to improve work flow.
The room is still a work in progress but coming together slowly. No treatment as yet - not until I work out what goes where 1st anyway.
recording space rejig july 2013.jpg

Back