let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Looks like a DGX-620. It's got weighted key action. I absolutely love mine. Set me back $1000 though.

EDIT: Ah, I see it's all been sorted out. ;)

I guess they're using the same case & design for their new YPG (Yamaha Portable Grand) Line. There's a 525 w/synth action keys, and 625 I bought for my daughter has got weighted key action like your DGX-620. You said yours was $1000--the one I bought was $750 (new). I wonder if they use the same samples (at least on the grand--that's what really matters to me.)

How old is yours? Maybe if the DGX line is a couple/few years old, there are some sweet deals for me in the used market...

Nothing major. Sorry about the crappy camera phone pics.

Attachments

• ATT65068.jpg
    ATT65068.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,447
  • ATT65069.jpg
    ATT65069.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,444
pretty nice! but i noticed on your equipment list you forgot to mention the akg d112 that was in the picture section...
Also, the mixing console you mention is a Tangent, without the "O" on the end. The logo that Tangent used actually made it look like Tangent O, but that was just the logo. :D I sold several of their big boards back when they were still around. This thing was a massive 32x16 console that was probably twice the size as it needed to be, but it was impressive looking and people made great use of them.

Also, the mixing console you mention is a Tangent, without the "O" on the end. The logo that Tangent used actually made it look like Tangent O, but that was just the logo. :D I sold several of their big boards back when they were still around. This thing was a massive 32x16 console that was probably twice the size as it needed to be, but it was impressive looking and people made great use of them.

I will change that for sure then. I thought it was the model, but I guess I'm wrong. I need to list the d112 I just got it in so the website needs a little update.

Those big speakers on the wall were $10 at the ARC. and this weekend I had a session with a metal band that used a LOT of bass. anyhow the bass viborated one of the speakers of the wall and the band almost dropped a nut because they thought the speakers cost $$$$. I let them be silent for about a min. then told them the price tag. I swear there must have been crap on my couch after the speaker fell. LOL

Mine room after installation of acoustic treatment and buying of 24" wide LCD.

studio5.JPG

Thanks. They're KRK RP6 SE. The SE stands for Special Edition. Special in that they are white and not the standard black RP6.

here's my little piece of Heaven...very simple, very basic, but just what I need.

Attachments

• studio.jpg
    studio.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 1,258
  • kabine.jpg
    kabine.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,251
good stuff!!how long did it take you to put all that together?i have something simular at home but with no seperate room for my drum kit.im just about to start modifing to make it more recording friendly.have you any TIPS???

The drum kit is in the same room too. In fact, all this pictures were taken in the same room ;)

But it's easier for me to have the drum kit in the same room as I record alone most of the time :)

A tip maybe about reverb? All the stuffs I placed around the drum kit is quite ugly but really really efficient ;)

Back