Last Hope , will it be enough!!!!!!!

It depends on what you want. If you put them in corners they will behave "a little" like bass traps. If you place them around a vocal mic they will behave like gobos.

The theory of a gobo panel (short for "go-between") placed around a vocal mic is to reduce reflections from surrounding walls and to reduce cross-talk between instruments. Wall reflections that are picked up by a vocal mic will tend to blur the sound somewhat. Depending on the size and "liveliness" of your room, those reflections can sound either good or bad. In small rooms it may sound like short reverb or worse, like flutter echo (think hand clapping in a concrete tunnel.) Because all rooms are different, you must decide through experimentation whether they are needed. The genre of music, vocal style, and desired effect may also change the need for shields like these.

When used as a bass trap they may not be thick enough. The thickness and the depth of airspace behind determines what frequencies get absorbed the most. I cannot tell by the pictures but I am guessing that blanket is, what, maybe 1/4" (6 mm) or so thick? I forget offhand how to calculate the frequency relationship, but I believe a panel that thin would only attenuate the highest frequencies. A thicker panel like 1" or 2" of mineral wool will reach more into the midrange (500 Hz or so.) Generally it takes about 4" thick, placed across corners, to reach down into the bass range (below 200 Hz.)

So, in a nut shell...2" gobos will be easier to move around but, 4" will work better for corner traps. Although, I have seen 4" thick gobos. Also, the wider you make them, the deeper the air space will be in corners. (Deeper = lower frequencies)

Hope this helps your decision.

Last edited:
I cannot tell by the pictures but I am guessing that blanket is, what, maybe 1/4" (6 mm) or so thick? I forget offhand how to calculate the frequency relationship, but I believe a panel that thin would only attenuate the highest frequencies.

The picture is , yes , a blanket but im wanting to put that blanket ( and ) 2x4 rockwool panels on it too, about 4 of them, 2 on each side or maybe 8, 4 on each side. Id use 2" black pvc pipe for looks and strength. The link I put was someone else's Idea that I want to do but added treatment.
And what I meant about putting it 6" from corner wall 30 degrees was about bass trapping but its not needed since im just doing vocals.

Thanks for reply RawDepth its much appreciated.

Back