KRK Rokit 8 Package - A good deal?

It's actually a really good deal. I got a similar package with M-Audio BX5a's instead of KRK 8's. The MXL mics surprised me. I was under the impression that they were absolutely terrible. They are actually pretty good.

So, your short and sweet answer, yes.

wow that looks like an excellent deal...they're still advertising the single monitor for $250...

definately a good deal , them ROkits 8s are 250 each , you can look it up .

I would have grabbed it but i bought Rokit 5s recently :eek:

yeah. that looks like a REALLY good deal. Plus, it looks like it comes with some free Auralex "studio foam", so you could sell that garbage and recoup some more cash! Really, just the pair of monitors for that price is a pretty good deal. And it never hurts to have an extra set of headphones and a couple mics sitting around. If I was in the market for monitors, it'd do that before they ran out. :)

Definitely a great deal.
Wish it was going on when I bought my monitors. I got 2 Rokit 5s and I also have those same two MXL mics - the mics came as a set - and I think I spent $400 + for the monitors and the mics. Granted this was a couple years ago...
But jump on that deal - you wont be disappointed.

Thanks everyone. This should be delivered in a few weeks, which gives me enough time to make room on my desk. Can't wait!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case the link changes, here is what the Musician's Friend package includes:
(2) KRK Rokit 8s
(1) MXL 990 Mic
(1) MXL 991 Mic
(1) Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Headphones
(2) MS-220 Tripod Mic Stands
(2) Live Wire Advantage Series 1/4" Cables
(2) Musician's Gear Lo-Z Mic Cables
Plus
(1) Auralex Studiofoam Designer Kit
(1) Musician's Friend 2GB USB Flash Drive

$379.02

Thanks everyone. This should be delivered in a few weeks, which gives me enough time to make room on my desk. Can't wait!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Just in case the link changes, here is what the Musician's Friend package includes:
(2) KRK Rokit 8s
(1) MXL 990 Mic
(1) MXL 991 Mic
(1) Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Headphones
(2) MS-220 Tripod Mic Stands
(2) Live Wire Advantage Series 1/4" Cables
(2) Musician's Gear Lo-Z Mic Cables
Plus
(1) Auralex Studiofoam Designer Kit
(1) Musician's Friend 2GB USB Flash Drive

$379.02

shit thats bloody good deal looking at it again....wish I had a need for more than the monitors :(

wow:eek:

really tempted......

I need monitors but don't need any of the other stuff.....I was looking at the KRK 6 for $400.

@Lo-Fi, what do you think of the mics?

They're good for the price. Definitely a good place to start. The Large condensor is good for micing acoustic guitar and ok for vocals. I sometimes use it in conjuction w/ the small condesor - placing the small further away to pick up some ambiance. The smaller one is OK on its own but I dont use it that much but I've gotten some pretty good recordings w/ these.

A preamp improve your miced audio a lot. Even a cheap one like this:
http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CEwQ8wIwAg#

I'm new to this site and just got some new gear - an akai mpk49 and a PC to edit on - so I dont have any recordings posted for you to listen to yet but I should soon.

I also use a SM57 for micing Amps and snare drums - which is a home studio standard if you ask me - great, cheap mic.

I find I can do pretty much what I need to w/ these 3 mics although another small condeser would be nice for drum overheads.

-Lo

Last edited:
I dont really need any of that, but it's so damn cheap I just bought a set anyway. I'll try it out and keep what I like, sell off what I dont. If I like it all it's an überdeal. If I hate it all, I'll prolly get more than I paid for it on ebay :D

I dont really need any of that, but it's so damn cheap I just bought a set anyway. I'll try it out and keep what I like, sell off what I dont. If I like it all it's an überdeal. If I hate it all, I'll prolly get more than I paid for it on ebay :D

lol definately , you can easily get $100-150 more at ebay

How are those KRK's? I've been working with a shitty pair of Behringer Truths, and I've been meaning to upgrade for a while. I don't NEED the rest of that stuff, but it's cheaper than a pair of the monitors and it wouldn't be bad to have around...

I'm using the truths now too.. I expect the krk's to be a lot better. If you don't pick em up, and I come back in 3 weeks going on about how awesome it is, you'll be kicking yourself.. If you DO pick em up, you can see for yourself, and if you dont like em, sell em on ebay for all your $$ back. And keep all the rest of that shit they threw in the deal for free.

nooo! the deal is gone =(

well, I guess it's still somewhat of a deal. I really wish my paycheck would come sooner...

nooo! the deal is gone =(

well, I guess it's still somewhat of a deal. I really wish my paycheck would come sooner...

Gah.... $679?? That's about regular price for all the items again.

$500 monitors
$100 mics
$150 for the rest

now its only like 10% off retail instead of 50%......

Back