Korg D16

butterfingers

This machine is equiped with a built in rhythm section but, I would like to know if I can record my own drum track along with my other instruments instead of using the computerized drums?

Sure you can! It's not different from recording any other sound source, but if you are not planning to do any postprocessing of the drumtracks in the D16, I suggest that you sync your drum machine with the D16 instead. I usually don't record midi instruments until mastering time.

Kind regards,
Ted Lyngmo

Korg D16 mailinglist: korg_d16-subscribe@egroups.com

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by butterfingers:
This machine is equiped with a built in rhythm section but, I would like to know if I can record my own drum track along with my other instruments instead of using the computerized drums? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no problem with recording your own drum tracks. If you do record them in stero though. The drum patterns are just a hyped up metronome, but are great when playing by yourself-the drummer goes on for ever if you want him to and doesn't get fed up eith your solo's.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by swindle:
What is the "Korg D-16 mailing list"?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a mailinglist for people wanting to talk about the Korg D16.

Kind regards,
Ted Lyngmo

Korg D16 mailinglist: korg_d16-subscribe@egroups.com

Back