Kelly's up

WOW! That was really cool, John!

Everybody: I scanned the pictures in about 1am, jpegged 'em and sent them to John at 2am, and now, noon the next day, the pictures are up.

Now THAT's what I call prompt! Thank you again, John. Cool!

#1)-Kelly, you're a very sick man!!(in re to country tunes) :)
#2)-Kelly , I simply LUV the '60's retro look with the mexican blankets and foam.
#3)-Kelly, I am a Peavy speaker junky. I presently own 2 Peavy Bass-Reflex 18" woofers/cabinets that I had for the past 19-20 years (Though woofers have been replaced over the years)
#4)-John, again great site! I took some updated photos of
construction-in-progress! Will submit in approx a week.

Kelly, those pics remind me of the VERY large barn that I/we used to rent in the country for about $50 a month.The only space{inside} we could use in the winter was an old oat bin{?} that was insulated with whatever we could find alongside the road.Old rugs/carpeting,ANYTHING dense in nature.After 3 yrs. the "insulation" was about 18 inches thick to keep out the cold Chicago winter.In the warmer months we would throw enough parties to pay for the rent/electricity for the whole year.
John,your client simply has too much money I Hope for your sake it is finding it's way into your pocket in massive amounts.
Best wishes
Ginzoo

Thanks, guys!

Yep, those walls are about 18" thick with foam, carpet, carpet padding, wood, rugs, anything, really... The real bitch is nailing in the NEXT layer or hanging pictures, it practically takes railroad spikes to get through all those layers...

And we haven't tried playing in the winter yet. Hopefully we can just screw in higher-wattage light bulbs, and let the amps do their thing.

I don't know if you can tell, but there's a new little extension for the drums. It used to be that everyone had to squeeze in this 14'x16' room, and it SUCKED. Everybody smokes, the air filter I bought from Lowe's doesn't seem to work very well, and it got pretty hot during summer in the process. Now there's a little more space, although we had to run everything (including the guitar) through the PA so Brian (my brother and drummer) could hear the song!

And I'm rambling all over the place. If nothing else, maybe these pics will make everyone else feel a lot better about THEIR digs when they see how shitty OURS are.

Thanks, Misterqcue! We can't be at the beach, so we turned the barn into our own little Margaritaville. That's why I called the picture The Beach, although none of us do...

""Oh my update 3 is there also - where's Brians?? ;)""

Sorry for the lack of updates on my part at the site everyone. I just started nigh school monday. I go monday through thursday, 4 hours a night, after already working my 8 hours at work. Needless to say, I have little time for the things that I love. Playing guitar, building my studio, talking to people on here... things like this. But the good news is, it's thursday night! :) No class friday night.

I will truely try to get an update by next week.

The hits at the site are getting up there :) last I checked it was at 766. That's cool. We want to get out to as many people as possible.

Later,
-Brian

Back