I've got wood

Btyre2013

I've just aquired a ripped down old fence (for free) and wondered if I'd be wasting my time nailing it to the walls, it's real wood not MDF or chipboard, was thinking of sanding it down and putting panels on my back wall as I've seen this done in some studios and I think my room is a bit too dead sounding....

what do you think? am I wasting my time here?

cheers,

Ben.

I have seen some really cool installations with absorption behind slatted walls of wood. JH Brandt has some awesome pics I believe.

It would be a cool way to disguise a 'treated' back wall of a control room or even a good way to keep some life in a tracking room.

Just don't butt them all together. Wood does the same thing as any other hard surface.

I am sure you already know this. :)

I dig reclaimed wood... Assuming you're talking about weathered cedar or something, why not?

No doubt though -- If you can incorporate some sort of room improvement in there at the same time, big bonus.

I dig reclaimed wood... Assuming you're talking about weathered cedar or something, why not?

No doubt though -- If you can incorporate some sort of room improvement in there at the same time, big bonus.

I think it might be pine, it's from the 1930s. I'm now thinking of getting some rockwool and having a kind of bass trap + diffuser in one

I think it might be pine, it's from the 1930s. I'm now thinking of getting some rockwool and having a kind of bass trap + diffuser in one

I like this idea and if you do it i'd love to see some pictures. I am thinking of doing a similar bass trap / reclaimed wood multitasking unit myself. I'll follow this thread. Good luck!

Back