how do you like this mixing desk?

snibbel

look here!

I know the auction's over, but I'm thinking of e-mailing the guy. My only concern is the monitor placement, would this be suitable for a studio setup, mixing and everything? Seems pretty uncommon to me...

well i agree on the cable management thing, but do you mean funky as in "cool desk, should fulfil its function quite well" or funky as "that's a funny, queer looking thing"? :)

Yup. It's quite a good price for a mixing desk, but as I said the placement of the monitors really seems quite strange. I don't think you'll have a nice & working stereo field with this. Maybe it's to broad and/or more headphone like. Well, I'll just wait til there's another opportunity for such a thingie....

I'm not sure if there's a Staples office supplies outlet in Germany, but if there is, you might check this out -

http://www.staples.com/Catalog/Brow...s&bcClassId=141001&bcClassName=Computer+Carts

I just bought one for a keyboard workstation. the two high shelves are optimum height for speakers, you might need to trim the fronts of the speaker shelves at an angle to minimize early reflections, or just set the speakers forward.

The main desk level has no ends on the front half, so you can set a full 88 key controller on the front if necessary. the middle shelf leaves room under for cables, the center area is big enough for at least a 19" monitor, and you could probably put a couple of units (or 1/2 rack units at least) under each speaker.

The roll-out keyboard shelf is full-width, so if you're using more than one computer (or have something like a MIDI fader box) it would be wide enough.

I wouldn't build a desk this way, but for a quick solution it has most of the necessary features and is reasonable in cost.

The way the monitors are set on the desk you asked about will work, but it's considered better to have them at ear height so they don't have to be angled down. Also, I would be concerned about rattles with that much metal construction.

Other than that, and the fact that it's already gone, maybe... Steve

Back