home studio help

"you have given out too much rep in the past 24 hours...besides Jeff D's a dick"

I swear...that's what it said!

:D

;) :p :)......
I'm certainly not the know-all-end-all-be-all about this stuff, but I cringe when I see stuff like that. I've had a room with foam and I have a properly treated room now. I cant decide what would make me a bigger dick a.) calling someone out on bad advise, or b.) letting it go and letting someone waste their money based on it. Either way, I figure I'm a dick. :p

Definitely by letting it go and someone wasting their money.

Totally agree. It creates what I call "American Idol Syndrome". You know, the poor saps who show up on AI, getting ripped a new one by the judges and are *SHOCKED* because no one ever cared enough to tell them that they can't sing. That sucks.

Foam isn't the solution, ESPECIALLY foambymail, foam4less or whatever.

Frank

Totally agree. It creates what I call "American Idol Syndrome". You know, the poor saps who show up on AI, getting ripped a new one by the judges and are *SHOCKED* because no one ever cared enough to tell them that they can't sing. That sucks.

Foam isn't the solution, ESPECIALLY foambymail, foam4less or whatever.

Frank

lol, that was really more of a rhetorical question, but thanks :p
American Idol is a great analogy, too...

iv not used foam

i called the rockwool foam as didnt know what it was,

its acoustic insultion , the silent board is like acoustic plaster board with an acustic rubber matt attatched to the back

im upping pics soon

Hey roachy. Enough with the bullshit. You want answers? You have to listen up son. PERIOD!!! WE HAVE ANSWERS. YOU DON"T PROVIDE PICTURES, DATA, MEASUREMENTS, PLANS, OR ANY OTHER GODDAMNED THING THAT WILL HELP USHELP YOU!!!

So...........get a grip son. Do what you have to do to SHOW us what you have had done, HOW the EXISTING space is constructed etc etc etc,. Otherwise YOU ARE SPITTING IN THE WIND, WASTING MONEY ON NOTHING,

AND WASTING OUR TIME AS WELL AS YOURS.
NOW, GET A GRIP ON REALITY. IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SOLVE YOU PROBLEMS YOU HAVE TO PROVIDE THE INFO......PERIOD.

GOOD DAY SON. WHEN YOU CAN DO WHAT I SAID...THEN YOU WILL GET THE HELP. OTHERWISE.................FUCK OFF.

sorry dude, i couldnt resist
:rolleyes: Of course you couldn't. People without a clue have nothing else to contribute.:rolleyes:

Hey roachy, if you don't get it, then here is a few Sketchups of a studio in New Zealand that I'm HELPING some people with. Maybe NOW you'll you "get it". as opposed to those who "can't resist" helping you with nothing.
geeezus h fuckingchrist, it never ceases to amaze me that those who have nothing to offer here open their mouth.

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

is.php

iv not used foam

its acoustic insultion , the silent board is like acoustic plaster board with an acustic rubber matt attatched to the back

im upping pics soon

wooooaaahhhh, are you here to help or to bitch?
wooooooooaaahhhh, are you here to demonstrate stupitiy?

Son, do a search on MY help over 7 years. Then, think back to the day you were born....yea, thats right, to the moment your mother pinched your umbilical cord...maybe now you'll understand why you'll never need a lobotomy.

iv not used foam

im upping pics soon

Are you having a problem with your SHIFT or are you just plain lazy?

wooooooooaaahhhh, are you here to demonstrate stupitiy?

Son, do a search on MY help over 7 years. Then, think back to the day you were born....yea, thats right, to the moment your mother pinched your umbilical cord...maybe now you'll understand why you'll never need a lobotomy.

Are you having a problem with your SHIFT or are you just plain lazy?

wooowww...

thats great.

EDIT: oh and by the way its STUPIDITY, not STUPITITY.

Like I said before, the OP built what will amount to a 40dB wall..maybe 45dB with the silent board. It's hard to say exactly. That's certainly better than a standard, uninsulated interior wall with one layer of sheet rock on either side of the studs, but it's a ways away from studio or medical office-grade, 60-65dB walls.

Frank

Back