Home studio build advice.

zy532503

Here is a drawing of the room layout.

IMG_20171004_221607.jpg

My monitor speakers are currently on the desk in drawing with laptop also on desk with audio interface. What would everyone advice regarding optimum positioning of my desk in the room. I think it is going to be difficult to move the desk anywhere else in the room so if this becomes the case what is the best ways I could deal with having my monitor speakers on the desk in this position.

Also, What would everyone advice to do if I was to make this a dedicated music studio room and remove the bed, what would be the optimum positioning of the desk, and what could I do to deal with the two corners where the draws and desk currently are.

Thanks in advance for any advice on this.

Dude... Read a few threads in this forum. The info is easy to find.

Sorry but you are in the worst place possible. Just read a bit first, then come back after you have spend a bit of time researching.

Cheers!

It is impossible to do anything without room dimensions. My first impression is you are going to spend a ton of money and get very little in return. If you just want to do a little recording, do it close mic'ed. If you want to do some mixing, use headphones, if you plan on doing any mastering, find a mastering engineer in your area as your room will never give you good results. $50.00 or 50,000 mons won't make a difference.

Dude... Read a few threads in this forum. The info is easy to find.

Sorry but you are in the worst place possible. Just read a bit first, then come back after you have spend a bit of time researching.

Cheers!

You can lead a horse to water, ...................................

Back