Hey John.... Just sent you

John Sayers said:
Ah so you are Michael Jones - I had no idea who had sent me a pile of photos ;)

Cool
Cheers
John :cool:

Do you mean Michael just sent you the photos without e-mailing first? That's funny :) I'm glad I'm not the one being e-mailed pictres. I wouldn't have time to put them on the site! :) That's pretty funny.

Thanks Michael for letting us show off your pictures! And I hope you have fun with it! Plug us wherever you can. Hey, if we're REALLY lucky, maybe we could make some money advertising on the site... or maybe not :) who knows.

Later,
-Brian

Well, I e-mailed him with the photos attached as a zip file, explained who I am, and where I "knew" you guys from, and how I found your site Brian. Cool?
Cheers!

Oh don't feel bad! :)

OH hey, don't feel bad about it :) I was just joking around with you. I love it when new studios get added to the site! The more the merrier. If you have more pictures send them too. Sound bites? Send 'em!
You took my last post wrong :) I'm sorry if I came off as sounding like I didn't like that you sent John you photos. I think it was just the way John said you did it that sounded funny to me.

Later,
-Brian

OK!
Thanks Brian!

Sound bites huh?
Now there's a really cool idea!
What format?
How Long?
I just licensed a piece of music that I wrote to this site here:
http://ginasphotography.com/
Its background music for when would be Brides are surfing a cataloge.

Anyway the point is, the guy that set up the site took my MP3 file, and used shock wave to stream it. He said he took this 4 meg MP3 and got it down to like 400K. Something like that anyway. Or maybe it streams at 400K. I don't know.
If ya'll know how to do that.... that could be mega-cool!

Brian, John:

I went back and did some research. Here's how he said he did it to stream the audio:

"I imported your mp3 for Reflections (5 Mb) into Flash 5 and exported it as a
Flash swf (386 Kb). This ensures that the maximum audience will be able to hear
the music without running Java or using other less-supported plugins. The music
sounds great!

Sincerely,
Shamus"

Does that make sense?
If that is some other kind of compression codec, it did so with out degredation of the audio quality.

Re: Brian, John:

I don't know how to use Flash in the least. I think we could just buy RealServer and then stream the audio that way. That's what my Networks+ instructor told me.

Speaking of, I have to get studying for class tonight.

Later,
-Brian

John Sayers said:
I'l' try it with flash 4. It would be good if I could stream audio.:)
Cheers
John

This means I'm going to have to start turning on my sound. It's always a bitch to have to restart the computer... I've got the Layla sound card.

Back