HELP?! What is this noise??

MDMStudio

So I noticed this noise (the low end rumble not the freezer noise in the background) every now and then, but it's been really bad lately. Judging by the wave form it looks like it's coming either directly from the mic or in the pre, maybe a loose connection? I'm in a basement in a quiet neighborhood with floating floor and minimal acoustic treatment (essentially just bass traps). I moved the mic around with no luck. Can anybody tell from the sound what type of problem I might be faxing here?

Attachments

• weird noise.mp3
    345 KB · Views: 17
The usual culprit for this is air conditioning - and the noise is to my ear, not vibration, but wind noise. Are you sucking large quantities of air in or out?

Ahhh, pretty sure the venmar was running, could have been the wind from that thanks! And I am already on a pretty good shock mount and the floating floors reduce the vibration from the floor quite a bit. I can just EQ most of it out, it was just distracting when tracking, it's much quieter than it sounds in that sample. Thanks for you help!

Aircon has that characteristic sound, and it's not too destructive to kill it as it's wide band, but very, very low in frequency. Fingers crossed.

Back