Help setting up my home studio (plans included

sk0m

Hello all this i my first post on this forum .
this is a plan of my room the way it is right now,recently i found out that i cant hear mymonitors really good ex .i though one of my monito speakers was damage adn that it was not a loud as the other one besides the fact tha i had center panning so can u propose me the best way to place things in there??

homestudio.jpg

the second plan is the ide i had to make it work tell me plz
2.jpg

Let me give you some general tips to start with:

• Make sure you setup so that you’re firing down the longest dimension of the room.
• Your head should be placed 38% of the way into the room, centered between the left and right walls
• Your head should also be located at the tip of an equilateral triangle with your speakers. Start at a 5’ width and go from there.
• Use at least 4” bass trapping in all the corners, floor to ceiling if possible.
• Use 4” or 6” bass traps on the back wall; the thicker the better basically.
• Use 4” panels behind the speakers on the front wall
• The reflection points to the right, left and above your head can be treated with either 2” or 4” panels. I prefer 4” panels personally; you can never really overdo bass trapping.
• In the case of larger rooms you can use diffusion on the right and left walls near the rear of the room, between your bass traps on the back wall or on the ceiling to the rear of your ceiling panels.

Frank

Back