help needed with acoustically treating my room

lawless23456

hello all,

i need some help with acoustically treating my room, basically im a pianist and acoustic guitar player in the process of making a recording setup just for myself i dont plan on recording any number 1 hits from it but want to get the best possible sound i can from the room with the equipment i have etc. i have bought and alesis io2 usb interface and will be purchasing two condenser mics for the purpose of recording the piano and my guitar is electroacoustic so would probably plug that straight into the interface for recording as for vocals i have no need for vocals at this current time but would like to address this at a later stage,

the room itself is 13ft9 wide and 22ft11 long was lounge/diner half the room is still used as a lounge and i also still have a dining table in there aswell as my piano, there is an open door way leading to the kitchen and open space where the stairs are, i think it will be quite dificult to treat this room but i don't know much so hoping you can help. there is a picture of my room on my flickr account username: lawless23456

thanks

ahhh right sorry, my main question is really where would be the best place to put sound absorption panels and how much of an effect is the open doorway to kitchen and open stair entrance going to have and hows best to sort that out? thanks

my main question is really where would be the best place to put sound absorption panels and how much of an effect is the open doorway to kitchen and open stair entrance going to have and hows best to sort that out?

An opening is okay. All the rest is answered in the article I linked to. Further links within that article go into more detail.

--Ethan

not sure about your room but if your recording a acoustic/electric guitar its best to get a decent condenser mic on it. being able to plug them is great when you play out but when you record they don"t sound right.

Back