Help me select Studio Monitors?

Chuku

Hello Everyone,

Finally, i have saved some budget & decided to order a studio monitors from United States ( My friend coming back this February & its too much expensive in my country)..
I have been looking out some models on internet and comparing with some other similar models but i am confused which one should i grab...
My choices are Presonus Eris e4.5 (199$) OR JBL LSR305 (283$) OR KRK Rokit 5 (299$). I cannot spend more than 300$.. I have been learning that the JBL is best among these three but got some -ve reviews stating about the durability issues ( Speakers dying after some months).. Also i've been thinking if i should get just the single Yamaha HS5 (not pair) which is for 200$ and later after some months i'll buy another one to make a pair. But i am really confused so i really want you guys suggesting me and sharing your views..

Thanks a lot.

I'm prejudiced as I have the JBLs. Their low end response is lower than the Presonus. I've had them for a few years with no issues. You can sometimes get them on sale for US$225 (50% off 2nd one) and before Christmas, $200 for the ugly red ones.

Yup.........of the three you listed.......(and the Yamaha).....and in that price range.......most people would say that the JBL's are the way to go. I've had a pair for some time now and durability doesn't seem like an issue at all.

I've considered the 4.5 and may try them. For me, I figure that I may not need the $300/pr. I like lean bass, anyway, for mixing.

I have the KRK's (although mine are Gen 1) and would recommend the JBLs. I only turn the Rokit 5's on to listen to Amazon Prime or Netflix as they really bring out the voices. IOW, they're pretty hyped and overly midranged. I do use them during final mixes to make sure everything sounds good on a different set of speakers, but I've also got a Bose Companion 5 setup + my two cars and the 7.1 system in the living room for that, so they're really not essential.

Back