thinking of buying
MXL 990 Condenser Microphone
or
sE Electronics - X Zero
or
sm58
or
samson co1

Without knowing your voice and how it fits in with the rest of the band, it's hard to make a guess. That said -- You can hardly go wrong with a 58.

Yeah...the voice and mic need to be compatible...but like MM said, a 58 is one of the most used vocal mic of all time probably...though it's generally used in live band/stage settings. For recording, "pure vocal mics" tend to be of a much higher caliber and of course, a much higher price....though if all you have is $120...then that's all you have, so no point if talking about $1k-$2k-$3k vocal mics. :)

You might also want to check out some of the Sennheiser line of stage vocal mics...they would also probably work well in the studio, and might give you more flexibility than the SM58...but $120 won't get you much more.

" pure vocal mic "... means for vocals only?
Or maybe 'true/accurate'?
" for complete music production "... or not for vocals only?

Kind'a need to think -to communicate, as if to people around you ..we're not in your head.

" pure vocal mic "... means for vocals only?
Or maybe 'true/accurate'?
" for complete music production "... or not for vocals only?

Kind'a need to think -to communicate, as if to people around you ..we're not in your head.

Agreed Mixit and there would be even less confusion if people used adverbs properly!

Dave.

Back