Is having a base trap useless if a piano is blocking it ?

Jovi

So Im planning on putting 4 bass traps in my room. It is a rectangular room, 10x17x7 ft . My mixing desk is set along the shorter wall, as I was told it's better this way then on the longer side. Im putting two bass traps on the corners in front of me ( beside the monitors ), and now on one of the back corners I have a piano there. If I put a bass trap behind it, would it be useless since the sound would be reflecting off the piano ? Should I move the piano away from the corner and along the wall, so then I could place a basstrap with nothing in front ?

I was thinking of putting extra foam on the OTHER back corner to make it more acousticely treated then the rest of the room, and then placing a mic there for recording vocals. Is thereno purpose of placing a basstrap behind in that corner because of the mic , extra foam, and such ?

For some reason I feel like placing the bass traps on those two back corners will be useless as there are objects in the way, and the sound wont even get there. Help anyone ?

Back