Hanging vocal booth

famous beagle

Just wanted to share this hanging vocal booth I built. This is my "control room"---i.e., a treated bedroom---but I also have hangers in the "live room"---i.e., the kids' play room, which has some treatment as well. When I don't have to engineer the vocals myself, I'll use the studio (I try to get my wife to help out when I can; she's a much better singer than I am). But when I have to go it alone, it's nice to be able to do it close to the recorder.

They're filled with 2" Rockwool and/or Owens 703.

It's much easier to hang with two people, but it can definitely be done by myself.

Attachments

• Hanging vocal booth.jpg
    Hanging vocal booth.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
  • Hanging vocal booth - control room.jpg
    Hanging vocal booth - control room.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 376
looks good, out of interest why didn't you build portable panels instead? surely there are times when you want them packed away and out of sight?

All he's got to do is take them down off the hooks!

This ^^^ It takes about 30 seconds to take it down and stow it away.

I have a few 4 ft x 2ft standing gobos that I can use for guitar amps and such, and I toyed with the idea of some kind of standing panel, but after some experimentation, I found that it was easier, cheaper, and more efficient (with regards to building) to hang them. And like I said, I have two different places I can hang it, which is more than enough for me. :)

Back