Hanging angle of wall/ceiling bass absorbers

Aural

Hi guys,

I'm in the process of acoustically treating my room.
I have a (maybe silly) question regarding the hanging angle of my wall/ceiling bass absorbers. (7.0866 inches/18 cm thick)
Must the hanging angle be exactly 45 degrees, or doesn't it matter as long as the wall/ceiling corner is sufficiently covered? (guess it's around 60 degrees right now)

Thanks!

If you're talking about more exotic absorbers, I would worry more about their distance from the wall than the actual angle. A 6-12" gap from the absorber to the wall can drastically increase the effectiveness of the trap.

What do you mean by "more exotic absorbers"?

Frank

Well, they are not exactly traps, just absorbers, broadband absorbers I guess, hung up on the wall/ceiling corners (front and back of mixing position) to do so some bass absorbing. The distance from the wall/ceiling corner is about double the thickness as the absorber. The absorber itself is a wooden frame (124 cm x 60,04 cm) with holes on the sides with three pieces of Rockwool 221 (120 x 60 cm, each 6 cm thick) enclosed in a cotton bag.
Got the idea (for builidng the frame) from this thread at Gearslutz:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/bass...am-etc/87464-how-i-built-my-bass-traps-5.html.

Back