Great FREE 3D CAD program, seems great for studio design

CrimsonWarlock

Hey guys,

I'm about to start designing my new studio desk and because I am doing some (more artisic) stuff in 3D, I thought about doing the design with 3D software.

Problem is that the software I have is more aimed at artistic stuff and not really suitable for exact metric design. So I started searching the web to see if I could find something affordable but usefull.

Well, to make a long story short, I found a great program and it's FREE. It's called SoftCad 3D Lite and you can download it from the publishers website at www.softcad.com
It let you design in 3D and even render to near photo quality preview.

You don't even have to register or give your e-mail or anything like that. They even have some great tutorials available for download (printed them myself allready).

Hope some of you guys like it (I do).

Peter.

PS. I'm not linked to this firm in any way, just stumbled upon it while searching the web.

ONEsnowRIDER,

You're welcome, and what's with the timing ??

I've already finished the design of my desk, just want to put some boxes on it to see how it's with my dual screens and such. Going to post the design tomorrow I think.

The program works great, had to find how to do certain things but after a few hours I was already drawing my desk.
If you need info on how to do certain things with it, just ask. I'm happy to help out.

Peter.

Ah... great :)

Make sure you download the tutorials from their website, it takes a few hours to work through them but after that you can dive right in and start designing. I had my desk designed in an hour or so.

Peter.

Back