Good book(s) about acoustics in the home studio for beginners

Dicus

Enthusiastic Member
I'm looking for a good book about acoustics for beginners. I just lack the basic knowledge and find I have to much questions and to much holes in my understanding.

MrWrenchy already recommended 'Acoustic Design for the Home Studio', but when looking it up I found so much books I thought one of these must be better then most. Since I couldn't find any topics on this in the search engine I thought: lets ask! If I need more then one book for the basics that's okay, I'd just hate it to spend a lot of time reading a not-so-good book when there are better out in the world.

I have always liked math and physics so I'm not afraid of calculations and stuff. I'd like to understand things about when to use absorbers and diffusers. What material to use for different absorbers. The difference in use between bass-traps and corner chunks. And why my previous room magically sounded awesome without any acoustic treatment and my current room sounds rubbish. And stuff like that.

Thanks a lot!

I've seen that one and it gets reviewed as easy to read. Will that give me enough information to know what to do acoustically in my already existing room?

Back