Gonna treat myself but need help and advice

sausy1981

Hi all, well I've decided I'm gonna treat myself shortly and get some new equipment for my small project studio, but I need advice as to whether the gear I have my eye on will perform as I want it to perform. Currently my set up consists of my instruments, 3 acoustic guitars, 1 electric and a bass guitar and I use EZ drummer or session drummer 3 for my drums. I have an audio technica at2035 and a studio projects b1 as my microphones, I have a midi keyboard, an alesis io2 as my midi interface, I then have a boss br800 as my interface and use this for the onboard guitar amp modelling for electric and bass, I also use the br800's mic preamp for recording Vocals. My daw is sonar producer x1 and I have a set of krk rokit 5's.
I'm thinking of buying a yahmaha thr 5 guitar amp modeller for recording my electric guitars but I don't know whether this models bass amps.
also a rode nt1a with a joe meek 3q mic pre
A shure sm57 and a se electronics reflexion filter.
Has anybody any experience with any of these and would they be good additions to my little setup.
Chhers guys.

If it's amp modelling you're after, have you considered Guitar Rig, Amplitube or one of the other software solutions?

Where else is your setup lacking? What do you use it for?

It's kind of hard to guess what you might need based on the information given.

I don't really wanna go down the software route, I was gonna get the yahmaha thr5 and mike it with shure sm57, I really need a good mic pre, I have bought the rode nt1a and was looking for a good pre with a compressor to go with it, I just wanna make sure that this extra hardware will be compatible with my boss br800 which I use as for my interface.

You might want to treat your room instead. It's going to be hard to walk around with all that fibreglass stuck to you. :eek:

:D

Rami, everything´s fine?!!!

It could be worst (than itching of rock wool ) - by putting on top honey and waiting for a swarm of bees :D

Cheers!

HA HA, I've finally got the room as sorted as it's gonna be, not perfect but hey we're amateurs aren't we, This is my first dip in the outboard gear ocean and I don't wanna make too many mistakes....

Back