Garden studio - Cavity and roof ventilation???

Danv

Hi all,

I'm looking at building in my garden studio. My current construction design involves using a single skin exterior concrete brick course and internal isolated timber stud room. In traditional timber framed houses with exterior brick work, brick vents are added every few meters to allow condensation to escape and protect the internal timber.
1)
How is ventilation usually achieved in studios without allowing air spaces for sound to travel in through?
Would brick vents negate the additional mass of the concrete brick work all together?

2)
when constructing flat roofs how is the condensation ventilated from the space above the internal insulation, without simply adding ventilation using standard cold roof design methods?

I've got my head around most aspects of the design to reduce sound transmission, but cavity ventilation has got me stumped.

I understand that inside the air tight room i'll be using insulated ventilation ducts in each soffit to circulate the air in the room, but how is the same thing achieve for a 50mm air cavity?

Thanks for your time!
Waka

Back