finally getting somewheres after all these years?

dragonworks

Banned
the large window used to be a garage door. Scrounged a lot of the materials over the years, most of the lumber, wiring, sockets, paint, sheet rock and ceiling tiles. Payed for a lot of insulation. Most of it is underground and made of cinderblock. Framed out the the walls, glued 1 inch water resistant sheet insulation against the walls, went across the two by four frame with 1/2 inch foam sheet insulation, then the sheetrock. The ceiling is the drop ceiling tile you see, under that is 1/2 inch of foam, under that is the roll fiberglass insulation. Except for the front, the ground is just below the little window line.

Attachments

• basementwork.jpg
    basementwork.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 96
  • basementwork1.jpg
    basementwork1.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 99
  • basementwork3.jpg
    basementwork3.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 100
  • basementwork4.jpg
    basementwork4.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 101
  • basementwork5.jpg
    basementwork5.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 97
  • basementwork6.jpg
    basementwork6.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 104
  • basementwork7.jpg
    basementwork7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 103
looks like a reasonable space there, I'm sure you could turn it into something really good, are you planning on building bass traps?

what's going in? Which way will the mix position face? Or is it a live room? Been a long time since I've been on HR... haven't heard anything about your build...

I wouldn't be leaving my amps out, and guitar on a stand when doing all that construction work - just asking for dings and dirt.

what's going in? Which way will the mix position face? Or is it a live room? Been a long time since I've been on HR... haven't heard anything about your build...

just finishing that side of the basement, no real plans, but, finally a place where I can set everything up and just leave it.

as I said, it used to be a garage under the living room. Everytime it would rain I would have water on the floor. Got tired of that real quick, I don't know how the original owners ever put up with it.
Then, you had to come down the hill to where you see the car, make a 90 degree turn into the garage and not hit the two metal support poles that helps hold up the living room and are now framed out of the picture. In the winter you couldn't get out of the driveway. So I put up three course of cinderblock and put the window in, and cut the bottom of the entry door by 6 inches and poured a concrete pad 8 inches into the ground, and 6 inches above the floor around the whole doorway. So far for years it has been good. In front of the window, I dug it all out, laid drainage pipe and layers of stone, dug trenches out about 8 feet, dug about three and a half foot deep by two foot holes and filled them with stone. Once I went that far, I had to go the rest of the way.

Back