Figuring out what you truly need (acoustic panels) for a detailed room schematic.

Redtortoise39

I know that there are tons of different opinions on how to properly acoustically treat a room, but most of your big name companies suggest that you buy more than you truly need. I believe that we can all agree that every room (and application) will differ. With that being said, Does ANYONE know of a reputable company that you can give specific room schematics to and get some honest feedback on? I'm tired of dealing with this nightmare. Thanks

What is it you want done? Where are you now- how far into it etc? It could be read as wanting anywhere from professional design' evaluation for hire to 'here's a room this size, how much to put up where?' (General guidelines like that are seen on a number of product sites.
You could also be talking about 'close enough for home recording treatment? To.. heck, to quote Bobby Weir "Exactally Perfect"

I'm just wanting to get this right from the start. I haven't began on the project yet considering I like to do my homework on any project prior to acting on anything. I (like most people) don't have the $ to have someone come in professionally and do a room evaluation (although I would like expert advice on the matter). I have all of the measurements laid out for my room. This includes width of doors, the distance between each, and the one window I have in the room. I just want to go with a reputable company (that won't rip me off) that can provide the detailed info that I need. Any suggestions? And thank you for the response.

I went with Acoustical Room Advice - GIK Acoustics

They have great products, a very informative website, they're cheaper than RealTraps (who also have a great informative website), and lots of options. I sat on the phone a couple of times with one of their reps, and the guy was very patient with me as I hemmed and hawed about what to get. They were just an all-around pleasure to deal with.

Post your room plan here. You'll get suggestions. You can build your own traps for a fraction of the price of purchasing them from the pro folks.

Back