Does anyone have an opinion on Seismic Audio Studio Monitors?

Soop24

Hello, friends.

I am possibly looking to buy some monitors and a subwoofer from Seismic Audio.

Specifically, the Spectra-8P (Pair of Active 8 Inch Studio Reference Monitors), and the
Spectra 10SUB (Active 10 Inch Studio Subwoofer).

I suppose that these are relatively new within the monitor/sub world? I only found some small
reviews on amazon, and it would be great to see what some sound engineers/music producers/studiophiles
think of them.

Here are some links, and please tell me what you think; even if you don't really know about them.
Just want some feedback. Thanks everyone:

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/active-8-inch-studio-monitors/p/Spectra-8P-Pair

http://www.seismicaudiospeakers.com/active-10-inch-studio-subwoofer/p/Spectra-10SUB

I've always considered the SA stuff 'bargain basement form China' quality, but never heard of anyone who actually has any equipment from them. (Certainly not here). Looks like they tried to copy the KRK Rokit look with these (yellow cones).
They don't have the frequency chart for the 8Ps shown, but 8" speakers that only go down to 40Hz isn't good.

I woudl only try them out if I could hear them first - if you can buy from somewhere that will let you return them for full credit after you try them in your room, then go for it. Otherwise you coudl be stuck with speakers you'll never be able to resell.
For $535 total, you can do a lot better (are you sure you need a sub at this point?) Does your room have bass traps/acoustic treatment?

Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind. I live in Canada, so testing something like this out is rather hard, but if I do order it, I guess I could make a final decision based on the output/quality
that both the speaker/sub project.

I'm also thinking of going with the Adam F series. I'll probably have to wait a while for a sub, though.

I'm producing ambient/drone/experimental sounds, so the quality of sound is pretty important.

Anything else you can recommend is welcome.

I bought a 15" floor monitor from them, but haven't actually used it yet. I see them more as a source for live sound equipment rather than studio gear. However, I really have no data to back up my opinion.

I know this post doesn't help at all.

Thanks a lot. I'll keep that in mind. I live in Canada, so testing something like this out is rather hard, but if I do order it, I guess I could make a final decision based on the output/quality
that both the speaker/sub project.

I'm also thinking of going with the Adam F series. I'll probably have to wait a while for a sub, though.

I'm producing ambient/drone/experimental sounds, so the quality of sound is pretty important.

Anything else you can recommend is welcome.

What's your budget? the 5" Adams only go down to 53Hz and are $550 for a pair, the 7" are $900 for a pair. If you've got some bass trapping on yoru front wall, look at the JBL LSR series (rear-firing bass ports, so either they have to be well away from the front wall, or traps behnd them)

Back