design for freestand acoustic panels

audio_leak

hey i designed some feet for my acoustic panels, i just wanna show some pics, and see what some of you think of them.

im also planning on filling the small square gap down the bottom with 703 and covering with more material. would this be a good idea, over kill?

i really like the idea of these cause ive made two up the same so when i have someone in the vocal area in the corner of my room(its completely treated) i put the vocalist a few feet from the corner of the room, and put a couple of these behind the vocalist. its kind of an open room vocal booth, and it works very well.

ive also used them to make an L shape then put a mic coming up through the middle of them, then i point my guitar amp on an angle into the wall of absorbtion it creates, ive made some great sounding acoustic tracks, and i havent tested it for lead but im sure the results will blow me away.

ay4opd.jpg

2cmqbzl.jpg

i was looking around for a portable yet kind of permanant way to have my acoustic panels placed around the room and this seems absolutely ideal for me. i only have 2 in my studio at the moment, the rest are all hanging on the walls, but i think ill make two more two improve the vocal booth area i was talking about above this. :)

just wanted to share this anyway, i thought they turned out pretty good!

Looks great! :)

I did sorta the same thing using some old drum stands ...

Attached a mount to the back of the panel and can pretty much set em up anywhere :)

thanks for the replys everyone!

@ frank: its good to hear you think they turned out nice, thanks heaps :)

@bentrabbit: how do they work for you on the drum stands? i actually thought of alot of ways about supporting them, but this was always the most secure, and the most permanant yet completely temporary solution i could think of.

@tottom & girvan: thanks guys, they give the room kind of that "studio feel" i think, i will be doing some more work on the feet to make them look even better!

@ jeffD: they most certainly can, ive been reading on the net for years how much acoustic treatment helps your recordings, but i never believed the results till i heard it for myself. im thinking about making a few more for my lounge room, so that its nice a quiet for movie night. :)

Back