dawbox

track pusha

have anybody here used this product before, i'm seriously thinking of purchasing it. do you think it's worth it?????????

Unbelieveably small, cramped, no air places don't really bother me but I wouldn't get in that thing. There's no way you could expect someone to give a good vocal performance inside something that small. I think all you really need to do is build some of Ethan Winners diffuser panels, mount them on mic stands or whatever and circle them around the vocalist. A lot cheaper, easier to build and portable. Hang them on your walls for diffusion during mixdown.

DD

DigitalDon said:
Unbelieveably small, cramped, no air places don't really bother me but I wouldn't get in that thing. There's no way you could expect someone to give a good vocal performance inside something that small. I think all you really need to do is build some of Ethan Winners diffuser panels, mount them on mic stands or whatever and circle them around the vocalist. A lot cheaper, easier to build and portable. Hang them on your walls for diffusion during mixdown.

DD

I was going to make it bigger like 5 by 6

But, on topic and a more serious note.....

Dimensionally you will have a better acoustic environment if you use odd numbers for your dimensions (such as 5 ft deep by 9 ft wide by 7 ft tall). If possible try not ot have any 2 dimensions the same or multiples of each other.

While I agree with DD (hey, that's me too) that the dimensions they give are pretty small, it is basically the same as the small WhisperRoom which is very popular for a pre-fabbed vocal booth.

Anyway, good luck.

Darryl.....

Back