Connecting multiple monitors to soundcard

Leiani124

hey everyone I'm new here and have a couple of questions regarding monitors and soundcards. I have a set of rokits connected to my focusrite 2i2. I use two TRS cables and connect it to the L and R channels of the focusrite 2i2. I Just bought one Aventone mixcube which I plan to use to mix in mono. Is there any way I can connect the mixcube to the soundcard in mono or would I have to get a monitor station with a mono button? I don't mind turning off my rokits and connecting my mixcube to the soundcard when I need to use it, however wouldn't there be a problem connecting the mixcube to either the L or R channels on the focusrite when I want it in mono? What set up would you go for in this situation? What I have been doing when I need to use the mixcube is power off and unplug the rokits from the soundcard, and connect the mixcube to either the L or Y channel of the soundcard with a TRS cable, and using a plug-in in my DAW ti turn the mix into mono, however I'm not too sure if that's a proper way to do it. Do you guys recommend getting a monitor board? If so, any suggestions? Thanks for the help

Back