condensed fiberglass info/where to buy thread

For anyone in Albuquerque, New Mexico,

Selle Supply Co.
1921 Bellamah Ave NW
Albuquerque, NM 87104

(505) 843-7255

They sell 703, 705, and mineral wool.

I just bought some mineral wool for $.52/sq ft.
Although their rigid insulation was like $2.00/sq. ft.

Hope this helps,
B

pinhedgtr said:
I just bought some mineral wool for $.52/sq ft.

What type of mineral wool was that? I'm asking because I just ordered some 8# 4" thick mineral wool board, but it was $1.32/SF in my neck of the woods.

delete bumps?

Hey, Giraffe--

I'm new to this BBS, but in others (Talkbass) I think that you can delete extraneous bumps...

It's great that you're keeping this thread at the top, but maybe each time you could delete your last bump?

Joe in West Haven CT (Woo hoo-- rock wool for sale near here!)

dragons got us on lockdown, insuf privileges and what not.
wish i could, lots of useless posts in this here thread.

guess it wouldn't hurt to ask him.

CANADA - Owens-Corning 700 Series Fiberglas® Board Insulation

If your interested in getting some Owens-Corning 700 Series Fiberglas® Board Insulation it can be found at "Steels Industrial". Totem does deal with them so you can go there and get it from Totem.(This is what i did) You have to place a order of 96SP/FT or bigger (12 pieces). A bundle of 2" thick cost $151.63 and you might have to pay for shipping( It was $16.00 for me, so its not that bad). I got 3 bundles and the final price was 499.14.

http://www.steels.com/insulationproducts.htm

Hope this helps

Joel

ds21 said:
On my way though the twinn cities I pick up some of the ultratouch:

http://www.acousticalsurfaces.com/wall_insulation/ultratouch.htm?d=28

Give them a call and see how much shipping would be.

It cost me under $100 for 8 pcs - 24"x94"x3.5" thick, I was thinking about the 5.5" stuff but the acoustical properties are not that much different (according to the spec sheets, and not that much diff from the 703) plus I like the Idea of it being safe seeing as I'm building these inside my living room.
alkdhfkjaldkfhasdf

For the DFW area, I found a great deal on 2" Rockwool.

It came out to just under .48 per square foot. I got 2 packs (128 square feet, or 16 2x4 boards) for just over $60.

Awesome stuff.

Place is SPI located at 6504 Midway Rd, Fort Worth, 76117 - (817) 831-4502. They sell all sorts of fiberglass to the public.

The guy I spoke to was named Red, and he was really helpful. Sounds like he dabbles in acoustic treatment as well.

greenville, south carolina

703 FRK 2 inch $1.31/sq foot
Min.Wool 8 lb./cubic foot 2 inch .70/sq foot

Here are the min.wool specs:
Product thickness mounting density 125hz 250hz 500hz 1000hz 2000hz 4000hz NRC
1280,minwool 2” on wall 8.0 pcf 0.32 0.9 1.11 1.07 1.01 1.05 1

at BWI
http://www.bwidistribution.com

They have 705 in stock also - definitely worth it if you're in driving distance.

Last edited:
Diffusion said:
Not sure if many of you guys know about this stuff, so I thought I'd let you all know. This stuff is called Ultratouch, and it is an evironmentally friendly cotton insulation made from 85% recycled denim. Acoustically, 3.5 inches of this stuff is equivelant to 4 inches of OC 703. At 125Hz it has an NRC of .97, and from 250Hz upwards its NRC is above 1.0. Also, this stuff is completely safe - it contains no dangerous fibers or particles and causes absolutley NO skin irritation whatsoever. It is 100% percent safe.
Not enough you say? Well, each natural fiber of UltraTouch is saturated with a natural fire retardant (borates) giving UltraTouch insulation a Class-A fire rating. UltraTouch also contains active mold inhibitors and acts as an excellent pest, mold and mildew inhibitor.

You can check this stuff out here:
UltraTouch

And here is a place you can order the stuff:
UltraTouch Prices

I have no idea what shipping would be like on this stuff, but if you go to the Bonded Logic website and click "Find a Distributor", just follow the instructions and you should be able to find a supplier in your area.

Just giving ya'll a heads up! ;)

EDIT: Forgot to mention, in the prices link that I gave, the R-13 is a 3.5" thickness, and the R-19 is a 5.5" thickness.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

andyhix said:
That being said, I picked up the 703 from Insulation Sales, Inc., in Ferndale, MI. $85.44+Tx for 12-2"x24"x48" (.89/sq. ft.). I think that was a pretty good price, compared to what I've seen others say here.

Back