building a stuido

ametth

Sir Cool of Coronado
I have an opportunity to rent studio for cheap, it has a control room and a live room. I'm wondering how much does it cost to put a studio (gear, cables, etc..) together. I'm seriously thinking of doing it. After recording my first bands cd on my computer(and having it sound better than what we paid for in the past), I've been bitten by the recording bug..I love doing it, and I would like to record other bands..but initially I would only record my band and a few of my friends bands, but would eventually like to do outside work as well. If anyone has any suggestions, please feel free to post :)

I would probably record digital(hard disk), the new offerings by Tascam and Mackie look pretty tasty.

I'm rambling now, but I just want opinions on what outboard gear, cosole, microphones, stuff like that, I need a recording studio checklist (hehe). look forward to reading your posts.

ametth

I would really like to hear from Ametth to see if it all worked out. It would be like 2 episodes of 7up back to back.

Alan.

Back