Buidling voiceover booth

Goldenvoice

Im currently converting a closet on the second floor of a two story frame house for use as a voice-over booth. The size of the finished booth with be approximately 4 1/2 by 3 1/2 feet with 3 by 4 glassed window. Im concerned about the use of "homosote" on the walls, floors and ceilings and what is the best way to install it? Also what is the ell as the best way to vent the booth for air conditioning. Above the booth is the attic.. Any Advice would be appreciated..
Thanks

Goldenvoice

probly for anytype of ventilation a long capped 's' tube with a light baffle at the end (for a cheap solution anyway)
Hey whats 'homosote' by the way ?? I just built a small vocal booth behind a closet .. i used rubber capet underlay (i know you said not to john but it was cheap , tried it and it works great) on one of the walls.. But im very interested to know what homosote is......

Are you sure you even need ventalation for such a small space? By code you don't need it because it's a closet. It's just a question of whether or not you really need it.

If you 've got an attic why not run a length of air con pipe (alfoil wrapped in fibreglass an plastic) up through a hole in the closet roof and attach it to one of those wirlygig ?? units that suck air out of ceiling space using a turbine type unit that fits on the roof and rotates in the breeze.

I hope I make sense here - this different country thing and different terms is a pain sometimes. ;)

Back