The Bermuda Triangle

SeanTyler

Also known as the devils triangle.

My monitors are Yamaha HS7's i need some some advice on placement.

Due to the rear port i would like to situate the monitors just outside the preferred triangle on stands. Any ideas on what would work best.

The base traps represented as black lines in the pictures are floor to ceiling 6 inch deep Roxal safe and sound.
Studio.png
Studio(1).png

Not sure what your desk construction is but if it's almost 5' wide it seems like there might be some kind of solution that could be built to put the stands half off the desk almost, i.e., splitting that baby so you have about a 4' equilateral triangle? Or maybe move the desk out a tiny bit so you can get the monitors back further? If they're angled, and you have a gap between the wall and bass traps, that rear port is going to get trapped anyway - doesn't have to be right in front of one of them IMO.

I know there's a magic number that's between 5'-6', but if you don't have the space, it seems to me that keeping the angles is a better choice. It's what I did, anyway! (Slightly bigger space but the 5" Yamahas.)

Those 'point of first reflection' panels you have on either side of your chair are not in the right place - sound will be hitting the walls on either side and scattering around.

Back