bass traps and superchunks

polarity

I get how superchunks work in the corners but I was wondering why use bass traps where the ceiling/wall meet. Is it kind of a two purpose device at that point acting as a bass trap and just kind of a general reflection stopper?

Or would it be ideal to make the superchunks that run acrss the ceiling in the corners?

Still trying to learn about how these things work and which is best for what.

Bass collects in corners, though that's not the only place you can put them. But to answer your question, all 12 corners in a rectangular room are viable including where walls meet the floor. Sound spreads outward, and eventually hits all the corners. There's no up/down/left/right with acoustics! Sound waves are not affected by gravity. :D

--Ethan

all 12 corners in a rectangular room are viable including where walls meet the floor.
Just to prove the point, here is a picture of a lab where they are testing a Superchunk, and it's at a floor/wall intersection..ie..corner.is.php?i=1234&img=Chunks.jpg

note to author...attatching pics on this site is a lesson in frustration...ie..it may or may not show up

That was my question I guess, would a superchunk running around the room (along the wall/ceiling) be more effective than a few bass traps?

Back