Awkward room. Where to make studio?

Otekka

My room seems quite simple, but I can never seem to find the right location to make my studio. I have a blueprint of the room below. Can someone please help me chose the right spot for my studio? Thanks!

Keep in mind that there is a decent amount of traffic that comes through the door on the top right of the room, so please avoid getting anything too close to there. I wouldn't want my clumsy family to trip over something and send my equipment crashing to the floor.

The corner desk has these awkward shelves, and it does not really fit my studio monitors and dual screen setup that well. I will probably ditch the corner desk and replace it with an L desk some time in the future.

Yes, as of now, the "studio" has to be in my room. I am living with my parents, and there is no other room that I can use.

Thank you!Room.png

Last edited:
Could you put your desk where the window is, next to the bed? Then put some trapping in (4" rockwool) wherever you can fit it.

Last edited:
Yeah that's not such a bad idea. Thanks!

---------- Update ----------

If anyone has any more ideas please feel free to share!

You've got doors on almost all the spots I would place bass traps (4" Rockwool 221 or thicker). You could consider making bass traps on hinges so you can still use your doors.

My 2c. Get rid of the corner desk and place your desk in center of wall you have it on. Use a movable bass trap at the door to the right and closet door so you have them while mixing.

Back