Acustic treatment for recording and rehearsal studio

Thanks for you all who have helped me to build this studio. I will be finishing wood diffusers and hang them up to their places. 4
11846264_10153523301868351_1000890372_n.jpg
11872934_10153523301738351_437313901_n.jpg11844113_10153523302883351_349947835_n.jpg

There will 8 pieces of those diffusers on the bigger walls.
And I order 65 meter square red burlap which costs 200 eu.
Rupfen rot, 4,00 €, Stoff Shop Stoffhaus Tippel

And tomorrow I am going to buy 120 meter square and 50 mm rockwoll minarel wolle. It will cost 220 eu.

I am planning to cover whole room with rockwool and cover it with burlap. I hope it will give good visibility and best sound characteristics.
I will continue to upload photos and If I mistaken somewhere please remind me.

I wouldn't recommend covering the whole room with Rockwool. That will yield an uncomfortably dead sounding room. Before the drywall went up in my studio, all of the walls and ceiling were exposed Rockwool, and it was disorienting to even be in that room. An anechoic chamber isn't really a desirable space for recording.

I would start with trapping the corners floor to ceiling, and once you have your mixing desk placed, treat your first reflection points. From there, add spot panels in any problematic areas.

Since low frequencies are going to be the biggest problem, remember that to make your broadband absorber panels even more effective for low frequencies, an air gap behind them will be desirable. A 2" air gap behind a 4" thick panel is a pretty good setup.

What Tadpui said^^^ 50mm rockwool can be doubled-up to make 100mm bass traps in your corners (that's the minimum thickness you want for corner traps) or you can cut it into triangles and do superchunk corners. The ceiling-wall corner can be important on the back wall and front wall, too.

Last edited:
Okay bass traps on the corners will be as you say, no problem.
When I finish the corner traps, the walls are already getting smaller because of corner triangle. And the left thing is main walls and there are already 60x120 diffusers on the walls.
There is no big place after placing diffuser and corner traps. I tried to draw on the plan. Red things are the corner traps and diffusers.
hvjhv.jpg

Recording desk will be moved to mid of the room and front of class.
Ceiling will be rockwoll absorber but not as a whole. Three big part of the will have 2x3 absorber, and the rest will stay empty.

Tadpui, I want to do what you say the thing after placing the corner traps, adding the panels to problematic points. But I do not know how to do it, how I can understand the point is problematic and should place a panel. If it is something I can do by myself, why not.

But it also looks like good idea with covering rest place becuse these are not too big.

Back