Acoustics for new room

audiosprite

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up the acoustics of a new room and was hoping the users of this forum could offer advice.

You can see a diagram I made of the room below, as well as some photos of the room. It's kind of a weird shape so I'm not sure how to handle the extra corners, for example. Appreciate any help!

T9Bc.png

20171216_133032.jpg20171216_133038.jpg20171216_133041.jpg20171216_133056.jpg20171216_133058.jpg

I'd set up the mixing desk in the center of the 9'9" wall on the right. You wont' have symmetry, unfortunately, in a room like that no matter how you set up. Are you planning on adding acoustic treatment? Easiest way is to construct a bunch of 4"x2'x4' bass traps with rockwool (OC 703 or 705 or Roxul AFB) to start with, put then across every rear corner where you can fit them. You may want to have one or two on stands so you can put them to your side (where the bay of windows is) for point-of-first-reflection trapping (with another trap on the 13' wall.

I'd set up the mixing desk in the center of the 9'9" wall on the right. You wont' have symmetry, unfortunately, in a room like that no matter how you set up. Are you planning on adding acoustic treatment? Easiest way is to construct a bunch of 4"x2'x4' bass traps with rockwool (OC 703 or 705 or Roxul AFB) to start with, put then across every rear corner where you can fit them. You may want to have one or two on stands so you can put them to your side (where the bay of windows is) for point-of-first-reflection trapping (with another trap on the 13' wall.

Hey appreciate it! Yeah it's unfortunate that i probably should rearrange the room sideways like this even tho it's great to work in front of the windows like atm. Thanks for looking at the room & such.

Back