Acoustic Treatment For Vocal Booth

carryonsteve

Hi everybody! I've been trying over the last 6 months to acoustically treat a vocal booth but I'm still experiencing a slight reverb in the room. The vocal booth is 8.5ft x 7.5ft with a 10ft ceiling. It also has a 4ft x 3ft window that I had installed that connects to a small control room. The floor is unfortunately tile which I know is definitely not ideal but there's nothing I can do about it. I purchased a lot of 2" auralex wedge panels, enough to cover most of the walls and ceiling with some gaps here and there and I also have 4 bass traps in each corner of the room running vertically down the wall. For the tile floor I have 3 layers of moving blankets and a throw rug on top of that. Not all the layers are equally distributed over the floor however. I would love to make the room completely dry but not sure what to do from here. Any suggestions? Also I do have the Aualex ProMax panels and sE Electronics Reflexion Filter Pro but I'd rather properly acoustically treat the room then have to rely on those for a dry sound. Thanks!

Stephen

I find it hard to believe that with all that "stuff" in the booth/room...you're still getting reverberation.
Only thing that might be causing it is the large 4'x3' glass window. Try covering that and see if it goes away.

That's one of the side issues with booths...is that all the surfaces get closer to you than they would in a larger, open space...so if there is any hard surface in the smaller space, the reflections off it will be more immediate and noticeable at the mic.

I don't bother with vocal booths...and I simply added a few typical drop-ceiling 2'x'4' acoustic tiles, glued directly to my bare Sheetrock ceiling, and only in a few spots...and that took the flutter echo right out.

You've got probably 3 times as much stuff in that room...so it's a bit stranger you are getting reverb.

for the most part it's dry. It jut becomes noticeable when a vocalist starts getting loud and projects and sounds like they're recording in small room rather than it being completely dry.

Back