acoustic treatment?

ollie99

So I'm in the middle of the song and i can already hear that the drums have quite a bit of natural reverb - which I dont want. I record drums in a roughly 5 meters by 3 meter. The rums are facing one of the corners so what treatment would you suggest?

Could you close mic the kit, and not use a room mic? That way you would have full control of the kit, and not have the natural reverb.

So I'm in the middle of the song and i can already hear that the drums have quite a bit of natural reverb - which I dont want. I record drums in a roughly 5 meters by 3 meter. The rums are facing one of the corners so what treatment would you suggest?

Do you currently have any acoustic treatment in your room to start with?

no I'm afraid. When I recorded guitar (in a different room) I put out a fold out bed in front of the amp.

um well I live in england and I've never heard of Lowes, so is there any other items like that which come from a national store or something?

um well I live in england and I've never heard of Lowes, so is there any other items like that which come from a national store or something?

Oh, probably should've looked for your location. The link steenamaroo gave looks interesting. At its worst it will only absorb the top end. But that is my worst expectation of it. You should get some decent absorption throughtout the spectrum so the room sounds better. I'd go for it if you can't find better. Get the thickest version there.

okay thanks :) actually looking at it again, its hard to tell which is the thickest, because from what I see the price seems to go down the ticker it gets???

The thickest is four inches, 100mm.
The prices go down because *pp means per packet.

Some sizes have 6 per packet, others have 7 etc.

thanks a lot :) how should I go around putting them up? also should I use some for my control room (average room with big glass windows with curtains pulled across with a desk and all m.y interface/monitors and stuff)

I'm out man, sorry.
I just bookmarked that a while ago because I have all the same questions as you and I'm thinking of treating my room in the near future.

Hope you get some great answers here though.
Best of luck.

If you have a Lowes around you, you could cover a good 60 square feet with $50 plus the cloth or whatever you are going to cover it with. Just place the panels around the room in whatever patterns you want, obviously the more panels you put up the less reverb youll end up with.
Shop Roxul 8-Pack 47"L x 23"W x 3"D Stone Wool Insulation Batts at Lowes.com

Is that stuff the same thing as "Roxul 60"? Looks like a good deal, but I've just been wondering :D

Somebody mind answering that one for me?

Back