Acoustic foam question?

Goss-stick

So i bought sone foam to better tge sound in my room. I'm renting so i don't/can't put the adhesive on the walls and foam. Whats the best temporarily and best way to put up foam on the wall?

So i bought sone foam to better tge sound in my room. I'm renting so i don't/can't put the adhesive on the walls and foam. Whats the best temporarily and best way to put up foam on the wall?
.....here we go..........

Oh wrong discussion wrong?

Well, that too. It should probably go in the "Studio Build" forum. But, also, be prepared to get a lot of opinions concerning foam for acoustic purposes, most of which will be negative.

1/4" masonite hardboard from your local Home Depot.

Glue the foam to the panels (whatever works out for the squares, usually 2'x4')

Best glue I've used is Arlene's Foamtastic from any crafts store. Cheap and holds great.

Hang the hardboard panels like pictures on the wall with removeable tape picture hangers.

(Then of course you're going to learn that just hanging foam panels on the wall won't help you out...)

But broadband panels (and plenty of them) will.

Or even bags of R32 stacked in the corners.

But foam only works at absorbing high end. 95% of the problem with your room is low end. Foam will only make it 100% of the problem.

Acoustic foam question?

Can you put up picture hooks?

If so, glue (spray contact adhesive) a CD to the back of the foam, towards the top and centered. Hang the assembly on the picture hook using the hole in the middle of the CD. ;)

Cheers,
John

I've got some foam thumb-tacked to my walls. It seems to be holding OK. (I've only had it for a week.

The other 28 panels are probably just going to get piled near whatever microphone is in use at the moment.
(I'm gonna make bass 98% of the problem. It's no fun to fix ALL the high end. :D )

I use acoustic foam too but didn't want a lot of holes or glue on my walls. what I ended up doing was buying 4 x 8 sheets of styrofoam insulation. i cut the sheets into the dimensions i needed (2x4 & 4x8 met my needs) and glued the acoustic foam to the styrofoam pads. I used cheap music stands to hold up the sheets i even thumtacked nylon string to the ceiling and stapled the string to the back of the pads for different heights. and I can move the sheets around the room to affect the acoustics. it doesn't necessarily help with low end issues but there is a differance and it helped

Back